4.1XX map conversion and buildings disappearing

Captain_Colossus

i converted a map i created prior to 4.1 release, which had lots of buildings; the natural terrain converted over fine, but most of the building types did not; a handful of building types still appeared here and there, but my towns and installations have mostly vanished and there are vacant lots where they used to be. it looks like the road networks, power lines, and walls are mostly intact, most of the buildings and other objects like the iso containers are missing.

i may try and reconstruct some of the map, but i wanted to check first if this is unexpected and not supposed to happen or likely that it comes with the territory that maps may not entirely convert over with the new system.

to add: this map was created within the last few months with version 4.xx, it is not a matter with the buildings becoming obsolete and no longer used as some were going way back to ver. 2.xx, the buildings are still in use, the program doesn't recall them