Map problem

deerhunter

29 minutes ago, deerhunter said:

Every time I try to convert old map to 4.1 I get this message. boost::filesystem::rename,...Also is Steel Beasts Map Downloader supposed too work...Thankyou   

We need some  more  details- what map, when exactly error message pops-up, do you have sufficient disk drive space etc. Also debug log  can be very helpful- you can find it in My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\logs folder.

The map is one I made. I have converted other maps that I have made to 4.1 with no problems.

For some reason when I tell it to export map and go through the process to make a base or delta file

the meter shows that it is converting, but at the end of the process, I get the above message and

can not do anything after that point.

Another question I have is about the map installer for 4.1 does not work. Is it supposed to?

I have installed Steelbeasts 4.1 three times.  I have 1.38 TB free hard drive space.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, deerhunter said:

The map is one I made. I have converted other maps that I have made to 4.1 with no problems.

For some reason when I tell it to export map and go through the process to make a base or delta file

the meter shows that it is converting, but at the end of the process, I get the above message and

can not do anything after that point.

So I'd  like to get a log at least. And, since we are talking about custom map, a copy of it would be nice to have too.

2 hours ago, deerhunter said:

Another question I have is about the map installer for 4.1 does not work. Is it supposed to?

I have installed Steelbeasts 4.1 three times.  I have 1.38 TB free hard drive space.

Map installer, or Map Download  Manager? If  issue  is  with Map Download Manager, then un-installing and re-installing SB will not help much.  Map Download Manager must be installed only after installation of SB, otherwise it would not work.

• Members
7 hours ago, deerhunter said:

Every time I try to convert old map to 4.1 I get this message. boost::filesystem::rename,...

Do you use special (="non-ASCII") characters in the TER or HGT file's name?

If so, try to rename. You would then need to choose the "replace function" for old scenarios relying on these maps as these scenarios would still reference the old file names, but otherwise it should work.

Do you use special (="non-ASCII") characters in the TER or HGT file's name?

If so, try to rename. You would then need to choose the "replace function" for old scenarios relying on these maps as these scenarios would still reference the old file names, but otherwise it should work............NO    can not do this lost map when I installed 4.1 I bought STEEL BEASTS in 2000 and all versions sense have never had trouble like this before I am now reinstalling fore the fourth time. Bought 53 dollar package so I wouldn't have too spend time downloading thou I have fast internet. LOVE LOVE this sim best software I have ever owned.     Tankyou  

Edited by deerhunter

• Members
On 9/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, deerhunter said:

Every time I try to convert old map to 4.1 I get this message. boost::filesystem::rename,...Also is Steel Beasts Map Downloader supposed too work...Thankyou   

Would it be possible to do a screenshot of that message? Thanks