Desperately searching for "Tanks Again ver 2" for 4.1

Jace11

Sorry guys, I'm desperately looking for a version of the Tanks! Again v2 that will work in 4.1. I've tried converting it but it won't work as the original map is embedded and I don't have the .ter file.  I know someone has done it successfully because there are some recent YouTube vids of it running in 4.157. If anyone has it could they upload it somewhere please. I've just come back to the game and am trying to relearn the tanks etc and it was a great learning tool because of the way you could pick from a big list of tanks. Failing that the original Tanks! Again v2.ter would suffice I think, I could probably convert it then.

Thanks,

Jace

Thanks, Assassin 7 sent me a zip with the mission (for 4.1) and a few more which was nice. There a lot of those Tanks missions but MDF / Paladin's version was my fave. The version I have now works ok, but it was generated without the original terrain file, so lacks the roads and farms etc. I had my own modded version of it too. For some reason I can't convert them, I have converted a few others successfully and whoever made the 4.1 compatible version obviously converted it successfully. Ideally I'd like to get the original terrain file and create a new delta, and extract the original theme, but that might be require going back to 4.0 to get them, and Im not sure SB would cope with two installs.

Edited by Jace11

• Members

a. Parallel installations can be made to work if you are "disciplined" about installation locations (and remain aware about which file you open and edit with which version), and if you consider the effects of uninstallations on commonly used files (will probably a partial re-installation of 4.1 after 4.0 is reinstalled and later uninstalled again)

b. That being said, I won't bother providing detailed step-by-step instructions, or render more than basic assistance if anything goes wrong

c. Finally, I don't believe that reinstalling version 4.0 will help you specifically with the scenarios and/or map files that you identified.

- If they are based on stock maps that come with version 4.0, the Legacy Maps Installer will already solve that problem.

- If they are based on a custom map (as I believe they are), installing version 4.0 won't help.

Rather, after applying the Legacy Maps installer you'd have to locate the TER map in question, download/extract it to the old default location (C \ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\TER), then create a new map package from that TER map, fiunally use the "replace mep" function on the already converted scenario file.

Thanks everyone for your help, all good now. After installing the map delta everything works, the original, the modded version I made of it, the themes, the map changes. It's exactly as it should be now... they didn't even need converting, they just "opened" once the correct delta was in place.