Minefield

ht-57

TY Ssnake,

The fire missions would be called by opfor, with random #.   So as Blufor I know there may be minefields, just not sure where.

That said, your workaround accomplishes exactly what i want with with fascam- I have yet to figure out how to call "scatter mines" with artillery tho.?

17 hours ago, ht-57 said:

That said, your workaround accomplishes exactly what i want with with fascam- I have yet to figure out how to call "scatter mines" with artillery tho.?

Well if its scripted:

1. Right click on the map and select a Fire Mission from the menu (sorry I'm not at a machine so working off memory).

2. Adjust the missions impact area to suit

3. Select "FASCAM" from the mission type.

4. Set the criteria for its firing from the relevant sub menu.

If you want the fascam to have a specific "life" (i.e. not go inert X minutes after firing) go to the fire support menu and check the box beside "FASCAM" and set the life for the round. You probably want to ensure that the option to allow the AI to fire them is deselected though otherwise Blue maybe buried in FASCAM missions fired during the mission (as opposed to the pre-existing, scripted ones created in steps 1-4 above.). 

Edited by Gibsonm

??? 

FASCAM are scatterable mines - FASCAM = FAmily of SCAtterable Mines.

FASCAM are the mines Ssnake was referring to:

13 hours ago, Ssnake said:

... and in the meantime fire scatter minefields with artillery which either get activated or not depending on random number. 

and the only type that can be created during a mission. All the others will exist from H hr.

Edited by Gibsonm

TYVM!

I did not know that, It now makes perfect sense,

What led to my confusion besides my lack of knowledge is the way it is listed here in ye olde mission editor

1302991204_CapturSBScatter.JPG.f3bd65943d1f56c88efcc01109aec696.JPG

as opposed to here

1222631474_SB2.JPG.ddebf7e3bdd22460d9468ef7602045e7.JPG

combined with the wiki made it seem as tho they are too different things to me

scatter.thumb.JPG.70995a81535610ee6a293d933aac4a88.JPG

This is one of those "complexity" thingys that @ the end of the evening after the smoke and debri settle in the mission editor, makes this sim so enjoyable/fulfilling for me--

always something to learn!

Thanks again for the patience and insight.

All good.

The first option, the "Scatter" option within Minefield under Obstacles, is to show a FASCAM mission that has already been fired. This reflects the smaller density, the fact that they aren't buried, etc.

AIUI, you want a minefield to "appear" at some point during the mission? To achieve this, you need the FASCAM mission to be "fired" at some point after the mission starts. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Just in case there is an issue with despawning mines, in the support options there is an option to make it so the FASCAM mines despawn/self-destruct at later times. Go to "Options" > "Support" and then select 180 minutes in the dialogue box. Assuming your mission takes less than 180 minutes this should be a good solution if you find them despawning.

2 hours ago, TankHunter said:

Just in case there is an issue with despawning mines, in the support options there is an option to make it so the FASCAM mines despawn/self-destruct at later times. Go to "Options" > "Support" and then select 180 minutes in the dialogue box. Assuming your mission takes less than 180 minutes this should be a good solution if you find them despawning.

Covered above in terms of specifying the "life" of the minefield but good to reinforce the point. ;)