Leopard 2A6 [RESOLVED]

StefanG

Hi there, 

I am new to this forum and to the game and I tried to find an answer for my question first using Google.... Should there be an option available to play the Leopard 2A6 using Tank Rage or Instant Action? I was sure I came across an overview of the playable tanks and the 2A6 was part of the list...

Link

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

a927faa557c4e9188db9b9f5c70ea5d13bb0cd85.jpg

Hi and welcome!

Not every "playable" vehicle is in the list for the "Tank Range" or "Instant Action".

You shouldn't assume that just because its playable it "has" to be in those two sets of scenarios.

If you choose the "Strv 122" option its reasonably close to the Leo 2A6.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

The 2A6's fire control system as simulated in Steel Beasts differs in no significant way from that of the 2A5, nor is the armor protection different; only trhe longer gun tube offers more punch, but then again there are no targets in Instant Action that require it. So, it wasn't added. We lazy bastards. ;)

The 2A6 has the longer 120mm L55 gun with the higher penetration power. I came across another board containing a hint that playable tanks not necessary show up in the Tank Range or the Instant Action section. Seems to be ok as far as I can say but it still raises the question why this tank and possible other versions of the Leopard and different playable vehicle are not available this way...

54 minutes ago, StefanG said:

The 2A6 has the longer 120mm L55 gun with the higher penetration power. I came across another board containing a hint that playable tanks not necessary show up in the Tank Range or the Instant Action section. Seems to be ok as far as I can say but it still raises the question why this tank and possible other versions of the Leopard and different playable vehicle are not available this way...

Well Ssnake has already covered this in terms of why it wasn't modelled (the targets don't require it - 150% dead is still dead).

Can't speak about the "other board" but I'd take comments here, esp. from those who develop it to trump comments elsewhere.

• Members

How crowded do you want the menu to become, and how redundant the missions to play in it?

"Instant Action" is the least Steel Beast-y element in Steel Beasts. Like I wrote, the 2A6 has higher firepower, but there are no targets in Instant Action where that makes a difference.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:52 AM, Bond_Villian said:

@StefanG

Welcome to the forum & SB!

If you take the time to learn a few of the basic functions of the mission editor, you can easily make your own scenarios with the 2A6. The Tank Range and Instant Action are not the core of SB

Well lately the Gunnery Range has been my core SB activity, given my heavy work shifts of ~70+ hours/week. Just a couple of runs helps me decompress from the pressure of the daily abuse.