PC locking up in map & scenario editors [RESOLVED]

Bond_Villian

58 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Been getting many lockups while using the editors, various circumstances.

My question is; does this log indicate a corrupted map?

Cheers

DebugLog_2.txt 545.38 kB · 2 downloads

Well, I passed  the information to programmers, but  at first glance  this  looks like your computer doesn't have  sufficient RAM. So  question is,  if  this  issue is specific to any particular map or not, and if it is map-specific, then what is the map,  its state(published  or  unpublished),  if there were made any changes to the heights etc...

Well ive been getting PC locking up during the 'Action phase' in the editor (testing scenarios) on several maps (both published and delta state) , and in the map editor while saving and creating new delta maps and applying road leveling changes. Most frequent crashes have been occurring recently on an edited version of the bekibekibekistan_forrested map, with levelled roads and buildings (22+GB delta).

Heres some system info;

Radeon Software Version - 19.9.2
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1366 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 12 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Edited by Bond_Villian

3 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Thanks.  Definitely it is problem of RAM amount...

Thankyou for the quick reply, do you think this is also related to memory?

[13:28:20,595] CGame ERROR: TiledBitmap::get_pixel, failed to obtain valid height data!

Also, my concern is that ive been getting these lockups while testing the scenario in the editor with published maps (smaller file size)...

Edited by Bond_Villian

1 minute ago, Bond_Villian said:

Thankyou for the quick reply, do you think this is also related to memory?

[13:28:20,595] CGame ERROR: TiledBitmap::get_pixel, failed to obtain valid height data!

Well, everything starts here:

[12:49:26,082] CGame WARN : TiledBitmap::get_block, error allocating memory. Will re-attempt after processing the cache.

...and  basically all  subsequent entries are depicting  the consequences...

I have found that running the mission editor sbpro uses- 9-10g of ram. when using the map editor I average 26g of ram but if I do a bit of terrain editing

I have run up to 45g of ram use .

So @ the end of the day you need to add a couple sticks of ram- 16g will not be adequate to utilize the map editor for terrain editing as I was having similar issues

with 16g.

That said if you are going to edit terrain on one map you are going to use 60+g of hd space. If sbpro main directory resides in the same folder you have

used 80+g of hd. So again you could also be running yourself out of hd space if you are not vigilant in knowing how much is on said hd's as that will also

crash and hang sbpro

Thanks for the info ht-57, i do plan to get a new PC fairly soon. My HDD has over 200GB of free space, so thats not likely the issue.

I suspect my problems are a lack of RAM and shitty drivers for the GPU (still trying to find a stable driver for the RX 580).

Edited by Bond_Villian