Map Issue w/ Terrain & Themes

Jimbo

Hoping some map-making guru's can help me with a weird problem I am experiencing.

I have a delta map I've made off the "Gomahola" map, and I've altered the Theme to a customized version.

When I use it in a scenario - edits I've made to the theme's terrain textures refuse to load. What is weird, is I can the the theme is otherwise loading, as the vegetation changes I've made to the theme have loaded.

Just stubbornly, the terrain textures wont.

They show up fine in the map editor, not the mission editor.

I've tried to replace the theme in the mission editor, no joy.

Anyone ever run into this ?

Mission.thumb.png.9bba1461aaac18f2f418abd369330b70.pngMap.thumb.png.8d7d1cdfa3a2403878dd17c3ca37adf6.png

• Members

While I agree that the delta map's theme should load when using the delta map (that may be a bug), you can fix it by opening your delta map, and then save the embedded theme as a new THM file. Then open the mission editor again with your scenario, and tell it explicitly to use the THM file that you just created.

The question I have is, is this an old scenario where you then replaced the map with your new delta?

Or did you create the delta map first, then the scenario from scratch?

And if the latter, did you change the map's embedded theme after that point?

A scenario will use a map's embedded theme on creation. At that point it becomes the scenario's theme. A map replacement/map refresh will not overwrite a scenario's own theme, and it shouldn't.

Mystery solved, Mr. Ssnake.

Good news: No bug detected !

based on your statements, I carefully re-traced my Scenario setting steps, and seemed to notice that the "change in theme" occurred when I configured the scenario start time, which in this case was early in the mornin'.

The early morning (lack of ) sunlight, was shading the ground a darker color, completely as desired.

My confusion stemmed from my deliberately tailoring the original theme that was using darker colored "low" textures with lighter, more vegetative textures, and I thought it was reverting to the original theme. To complicate things, I was creating a quick comparison scenario, set to default high noon.

Sorry for the false alarm. All is well with the rising sun.