UGL smoke

Bond_Villian

Just noticed that the UGL smoke round doesnt continue to discharge smoke, ie; it goes bang and creates a smoke cloud that will blow away, unlike the personal smoke grenade (pop smoke) that will continue to discharge smoke for a time. Is this the intended behavior?  (i dont know how it works in reality)

Cheers

55 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Just noticed that the UGL smoke round doesnt continue to discharge smoke, ie; it goes bang and creates a smoke cloud that will blow away, unlike the personal smoke grenade (pop smoke) that will continue to discharge smoke for a time. Is this the intended behavior?  (i dont know how it works in reality)

Cheers

Well,   our UGL  smoke grenade is rather generic thing, admittedly. IRL, depending of model and purpose such  grenades may burst,   burn on the ground(most widely used), or release a smoke canister which will  slowly descent on parachute and burn... And speaking of hand smokes- they may burn like in game(usually HC-filled) or burst(WP-filled).

OK, noob question again, but is 40x46SR screening smoke actually a thing in real life?  I could understand 40mm smoke for target indication in some circumstances, but a 40mm grenade's payload is so tiny that it would appear to be next to useless for screening purposes.  I can find very little info on such rounds online.

Edited by ChrisWerb

• Members
  • M713 Smoke is, indeed, a (red) ground marker (haven't gottent around to assign colors to smoke yet)
    Source: Jane's Ammunition Handbook (JAH) 2009, pg 149
  • M715 Smoke - same as above, but green color
    M716 Smoke - same, yellow

So, yes: They're all ground markers.

38 minutes ago, Ssnake said:
  • M713 Smoke is, indeed, a (red) ground marker (haven't gottent around to assign colors to smoke yet)
    Source: Jane's Ammunition Handbook (JAH) 2009, pg 149
  • M715 Smoke - same as above, but green color
    M716 Smoke - same, yellow

So, yes: They're all ground markers.

Not all...will make some pictures later...

I could imagine it working at greatly reduced range, if the grenade was of a type that was MUCH longer than standard and thus had a reduced range (although that would prevent its use by grenade launchers whose design placed a limit on cartridge OAL such as the M203.