Panzer Elite - new mod

daskal

I think there are a few more guys around here who are still playing Panzer Elite, so I thought this might be of interest. There is a new version of the Ostpak mod available - its just one single install file so no need to install every single file 1 by 1 like before.

"Panzer Elite three begins with the PEX to ost Mod, featuring extended view range, fog and weather effects, time of flight for shells, improved infantry behavior and balastics, and many other core fixes. In addition many improved sound and particle effects enhance the gaming experience.

PE3 combines Ostpak, Monty vs Rommel, and Brit44 into one convenient mod. In addition, all of Geezer's superior art work for AFVs, trees, infantry, and structures have been adapted into the original Panzer Elite wherever possible.

This mod also fixes up text and scenario problems in the original game.

This zip is to be installed over a fresh Panzer Elite, no need to install any other mod."

Use this link to download it:

http://ostpak.chollie.co.uk/PanzerEliteThree.exe

Here are a few more pics:

Railcar.jpg.a53d93f0953a76fc7b1f6b98f707

France40.jpg.d87b500f160c1cf551e7c0386a6

Railcar.jpg.a53d93f0953a76fc7b1f6b98f707

France40.jpg.d87b500f160c1cf551e7c0386a6

Extended view range? That alone might make this game worth playing again! There was nothing so frustrating as getting pwned by a Tiger that was invisible because it was outside the view range (which doesn't seem to apply to the AI tanks!).

... though I really wish you could use the M10/18/36 series tank destroyers in it =(

I'm at work now so can't confirm whether this is the case, but last time I installed PE on a new machine earlier this year, the game seemed to play twice as quick - I don't mean the frame rate was better, I mean my tanks would drive twice as quick, fire twice as quick, etc. etc. - made it unplayable.

Did anyone else run into this problem? I think it might have been a video card issue, which I'm hoping will be resolved when I install it again this afternoon, as when I tested last time I had twin 6600's, but now have twin 9500's.

Ignore the link I wrote earlier - download these two instead:

part1:

http://ostpak.chollie.co.uk/ostpak/OstpakCOMPLETE.exe

part 2:

http://ostpak.chollie.co.uk/ostpak/OstpakCOMPLETEpart2008.exe

Installation:

- install PE first

- instal official 1.2 patch for PE

- install OstpakCOMPLETE

- install OstpakCOMPLETEpart2008

In this thread you can find more information:

http://panzerelite.yuku.com/topic/484/t/Ostpak-2008-Mod-expansion-files-for-Panzer-Elite.html

Woud love to try this one out online!

Still can't get through to it - the domain chollie.co.uk (and all subdomains) are returning the following error in Firefox:

Connection Interrupted

The document contains no data.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Daskal, once I can actually get the mod, and stop PE from being stuck in fast-forward, I'd be quite interested in having an online game.

Haven't played the Ostpak mod for a number of years, and even though I thought it was a great mod, the one thing that always got to me was the time of flight of projectiles was 0, which is why I stopped playing PE in general. However, from your original post I understand that projectiles have at least semi-realistic flight times now, is that correct?