Please explain this Error Log - SOLVED!!

Wax Savage

Attached is an error log text file generated today. Two messages concern me.

1). [23:18:20,268] CActorListArray WARN : Scenario has duplicate combatant IDs!

[23:18:20,268] CActorListArray ERROR: Error: Scenario has duplicate combatant IDs!

My concern is that the error log does not explain WHERE to look for the duplicate combatant ID’s,

2).  [00:17:47,578] CGame ERROR: [LOCAL] Exception trying to create delta map package with path 'C:/ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages\Salisbury Plain [autocreated base]\deltas\Salisbury Plain\metadata.mrf' (Could not find base map for delta map!)

I looked and confirmed that the metadata.mrf (that the error log says cannot be found) is, in fact, in the correct folder…

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages\Salisbury Plain [autocreated base]\deltas\Salisbury Plain\

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to repair these errors? Full debug text is attached.

DebugLog_0.txt

Edited by Wax Savage

• Members

If you get the "duplicate IDs" warning, the recommended remedy is to open the scenario in the mission editor and to run it from there. Next, switch to the mission debugger, and check the tab for combatant IDs. Now, it may be that the tab shows no duplicates. In this case it's probably a squad of one or more of the PCs; have them all dismount and check again. And if it's not Blue, then maybe Red, or another party.

Let me check, we have a help thread for this.

• Members

The map thing is more difficult to analyze. Basically, the only way to be sure that the folder into which you copied the delta map is the right one is to compare the map UID of the base map. Unfortunately that requires someone who has the map already installed in the right place, so he can find out the base map to which it belongs, then copy the map UID which you could then copy and paste into the Steel Beasts Pro Map Packages Download Manager (SBPMPDM...) to query the official map server.

If you have that base map already, it won't download it.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, Ssnake said:

If you get the "duplicate IDs" warning, the recommended remedy is to open the scenario in the mission editor and to run it from there. Next, switch to the mission debugger, and check the tab for combatant IDs. Now, it may be that the tab shows no duplicates. In this case it's probably a squad of one or more of the PCs; have them all dismount and check again. And if it's not Blue, then maybe Red, or another party.

Let me check, we have a help thread for this.

Stellar suggestion !!

I will do and report back. Thanks.

Hi Ssnake,

SOLVED!  I was able to open all the legacy scenarios that were reporting missing artwork/units with a REALLY early version of SB (1.226). 

Once the legacy scenario was open I deleted the anti-armor units from the legacy scenario and resaved the modified file. I was then able to open the modified legacy scenario in SB 4.023. It

was a simple matter to re-paste  the anti-armor units back.  

• Wax Savage changed the title to Please explain this Error Log - SOLVED!!