KANIUM SUNDAY - Kanium Recon in Force - by Grenny/Ronin

Nike-Ajax

15 minutes ago, O.Schmidt said:

Hi

A few questions!

1) What prerequisites do I have to bring with me to participate?

2) What should I lead? a vehicle or a Platoon?

3) Approximately How long does a game take?

Thanks for your help!

1) A working SB version 4.161

2) What ever you're comfy with, there is one tank plt available (but I'd only recomend the PL leader pos. if you have some RL experience...or done something like this in other games before)...just make sure you tried the vehicle you're taking at least on the shooting range or instant action scenario, so you know the basics of the FCS

3) A game is roughly 2 hours

Hope to see you this sunday...

PS.: Du bist deutschsprachig? Bei interesse einfach mit ein den 1 Zug SPZ mit einsteigen

21 hours ago, O.Schmidt said:

Important! I do not have much experience with SB! :(

I do what you divide me!

I also have no idea if I get an online connection to you! I think you have to adjust what in the router!? We'll find out Sunday!

Maps are installed! :)

So ...

1) No problem: we will pair you with an experienced player.

2) What do you prefer: Tanks or Mechinf?

3) You need to have Teamspeak - address in the top of this thread. I will give you access if you join at least 30 mins. early. Otherwise you just need internet connection and the right version of the game per Grennys post. I will host.

4) Super - so see you there.

17 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

So ...

1) No problem: we will pair you with an experienced player.

2) What do you prefer: Tanks or Mechinf?

3) You need to have Teamspeak - address in the top of this thread. I will give you access if you join at least 30 mins. early. Otherwise you just need internet connection and the right version of the game per Grennys post. I will host.

4) Super - so see you there.

Tanks and Mechinf still ok!

2 hours ago, O.Schmidt said:

If you want to join mechinfantry here, more then welcome.

For preparation, you should play the CV9040 tutorials that come with steelbeasts...they offer good practice for IFV+ infantry  and how to handle them in steelbeasts

4 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

I'm sorry that I have to do this, but I'm going to have to drop being the CO for Sunday. Some "winner" decided to vandalize my car, so now I've got to deal with filing a police report, calling my insurance, etc. 

Sorry to hear it Mirza: It takes a special kind of stupid asshole to mess with someones car. Best of luck in sorting it out, and we will see you when you have time.

4 hours ago, O.Schmidt said:

2 hours ago, Grenny said:

If you want to join mechinfantry here, more then welcome.

For preparation, you should play the CV9040 tutorials that come with steelbeasts...they offer good practice for IFV+ infantry  and how to handle them in steelbeasts

@O.Schmidt I would suggest that you do the tutorials as per Grennys post. And join Grennys platoon when we start up.

Now as our CO have been unavoidably detained, we have a few options:

1) I could designate a CO or toss a dice. We dont do that usually for a number of valid reasons, and I dont think we should start now.

2) Someone steps up. Still an option but if someone had the time and energy, then they probably would have stepped up already. So IMHO option B at presently.

3) We work with what we got: so turn this around to a test of coordination. Specifically then the PLT LDRs will do a quick plan together with a timeframe of about 15 minutes from GO time, and then coordinate as we roll on with no actual leader. We have done similar before, the challenge being the complexity of this scenario.

Still I would consider option 3 to be the least bad presently.

Either way then we still roll.

Thanks for playing this one gentlemen.

I wanted to make a scenario where

1. Recon has time to do their thing

2. Mechinfantry is the main-weapon

I hope that worked out and was entertaining (enough)

Changes i have to make:

- Reduce the march distance...we needed 30 minutes instead of the planned 15-20, => to lengthy

- give some better engineer tasks...

..and PS.: Will chnage the enemy security patrols to BRDM2.  The idea was to model the Tigr MRAP by using LMV as a proxy...but they look too similar to the EAGLE...and we almost had a blue-on-blue because of that

Edited by Grenny

I loved the scenario. Good terrain and good vehicles for it. Never got around to use the JIM-LR and UAV on the platoon commander because of the tempo but nice addition.

One thing I was missing however was friendly ID on, hard sometimes to know if the vehicle the deep forest was 12 or 14.

/KT