Steelbeasts.com

Totally guttet by the new version

I just need to get this off my chest.

I have tried to be patient with this new update. I unfortunately preordered it and Had to pay a arm and a leg for my free gift. Well that was my mistake. I did not thinking that it would be shipped from the US as I actually thought it was made in Europe.

Then all the scenaries I had been playing and enjoying did not work because of the new maps. 

I must say the new maps look amazing and I have heard that even the old will look as amazing when converted.

I have tried opening up the mission editor and trying to find the new maps, but unfortunately I have not been able to find the maps there. I have then tried to find them in the new Map downloader program. Where they are not.

I'm not sure if why this has been done in this way, but I'm sure there is a good explanation, but I have not been able to play the game and hope that perhaps an update will be around the corner or that all these great scenarios will be converted to the new version as I'm not able to do so.

feel I wasted a lot of money atm.

Theres a bit to learn, but i think its worth it. In the support thread there are a few topics that should help you get your scenarios/maps running again;

If you read these guides carefully, and are still stuck, i suggest that you make a post on the support thread with some details of the scenario/map that youre having trouble with.

Edited by Bond_Villian
Read Them.
1 hour ago, JUST said:

I just need to get this off my chest.

I have tried to be patient with this new update. I unfortunately preordered it and Had to pay a arm and a leg for my free gift. Well that was my mistake. I did not thinking that it would be shipped from the US as I actually thought it was made in Europe.

Then all the scenaries I had been playing and enjoying did not work because of the new maps. 

I must say the new maps look amazing and I have heard that even the old will look as amazing when converted.

I have tried opening up the mission editor and trying to find the new maps, but unfortunately I have not been able to find the maps there. I have then tried to find them in the new Map downloader program. Where they are not.

I'm not sure if why this has been done in this way, but I'm sure there is a good explanation, but I have not been able to play the game and hope that perhaps an update will be around the corner or that all these great scenarios will be converted to the new version as I'm not able to do so.

feel I wasted a lot of money atm.

Really sorry to hear this, but let's check  one thing:

Do you have new maps installed? USB stick you got should contain not only installers  for  SB Pro PE v.4.1 and SB Map Tools, but also a  Map Installer, which  is supposed  to install maps for all   scenarios delivered  with SB Pro PE.  But please note- this doesn't applies to user-created or community-created content accumulated  during almost two decades- it's physically impossible to  convert and re-distribute it all. This means, that some effort at  end-user's side is required, e.g.  you need to convert your favorite scenarios and maps  yourself(yes, it would take some time and patience).

Please visit links, which @Bond_Villian posted above, and carefully study information there - basically you will find everything you need to  successfully migrate your favorite content.

The SB Map Package Download Manager was created to allow you to download an already converted map, assuming that the author of the map, or the scenario designer, or the network session host would somehow tell you its map UID (and, again, assuming that the map was submitted to SteelBeasts.com). Ideally, those who created the maps would also do the conversion work, possibly along with embellishments, but there's no guarantee that this will happen of course, and even then it may take longer than you're comfortable with.

So the next best thing you can do is to open the Map Editor with the default map, and then to select File... Convert Map from TER... and then to go through all the TER files that you still have from previous Steel Beasts installations (in C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\maps\TER). Where they need an old HGT map that you may have uninstalled, they will tell you so. In that case the Legacy Map Installer on our Downloads page may come to the rescue, otherwise you might need to download and unpack it in the traditional locations again.

This should be sufficient to deal with at least 90% of your favorite custom scenarios.

The map extraction method is something that should be reserved for last.