Camoflage not working for fortifications with completion <100% [RESOLVED]

stormrider_sp

Obviously it shouldn't work in such case. Completion less than  100% implies that construction is not finished and camouflage is not applied yet, e.g.  user  needs to utilize AEV  to complete construction;  this would also make camo to appear  as a final touch, if 'Camouflage' option  was selected in the mission editor for particular  emplacement.

8 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Obviously it shouldn't work in such case. Completion less than  100% implies that construction is not finished and camouflage is not applied yet, e.g.  user  needs to utilize AEV  to complete construction;  this would also make camo to appear  as a final touch, if 'Camouflage' option  was selected in the mission editor for particular  emplacement.

The concept seems right, except that it means that a wip desert vehicle emplacement is covered in grass texture, regardless if camo option is selected or not.

Any way to fix that with any other texture, maybe dirt or sand?

Edited by stormrider_sp

7 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

I was thinking it might had been some setting on the themes. On another desert map, this default surrounding texture was actually a dark toned dirt. 

Actually problem with wrong texture may be indeed theme-related, and this  makes me to ask  you for scenario where you see  it; if scenario is based on custom map,  it would be very handy to get it too, or at least a theme file...

6 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Actually problem with wrong texture may be indeed theme-related, and this  makes me to ask  you for scenario where you see  it; if scenario is based on custom map,  it would be very handy to get it too, or at least a theme file...

This is the theme that gives me grass. Using a slightly modified _eSim_Desert_(Mid East) theme, on the other hand, results in a dirt texture for wip emplacements.

Realism_Desert_(ME)_Iraq_Kuwait.zip

2 minutes ago, Splash said:

It's my understanding that the "Is Dirt" checkbox in the theme determines the texture of emplacements. Could that be the issue here? Make sure only one terrain type has that checkmark ... preferably a sand or dirt one.

Yes!

6 minutes ago, stormrider_sp said:

This is the theme that gives me grass. Using a slightly modified _eSim_Desert_(Mid East) theme, on the other hand, results in a dirt texture for wip emplacements.

Ok, thanks. Themes with 'Realism_' prefix were delivered with SB Pro PE 4.0(or may be earlier) and in fact are  obsolete now;  current 'stock' themes have '_eSim_' prefix and you will not see such problem with  them. Now  I'll try to explain  what happened...

Version 4.1 have additional option  for the ground type settings- 'is dirt'. Textures  for ground type, which  have this  option  enabled will be also  utilized for unfinished or not camouflaged  emplacements; if  theme doesn't have  this option enabled for one (and only one!) ground type, then  textures for  ground type #0(which is a 'Field' in your case) will be applied to emplacements under construction or without camo.

Old themes are still pretty much  usable, but you need to   enable 'Is  dirt' option for the suitable  ground type(only one of 16 available in the theme!) first, and after this you will need to update your scenario with fixed theme. Also   this  thing about  flagging   ground as dirt  should be kept in mind during conversion of  pre-4.1 maps.

2 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Yes!

Ok, thanks. Themes with 'Realism_' prefix were delivered with SB Pro PE 4.0(or may be earlier) and in fact are  obsolete now;  current 'stock' themes have '_eSim_' prefix and you will not see such problem with  them. Now  I'll try to explain  what happened...

Version 4.1 have additional option  for the ground type settings- 'is dirt'. Textures  for ground type, which  have this  option  enabled will be also  utilized for unfinished or not camouflaged  emplacements; if  theme doesn't have  this option enabled for one (and only one!) ground type, then  textures for  ground type #0(which is a 'Field' in your case) will be applied to emplacements under construction or without camo.

Old themes are still pretty much  usable, but you need to   enable 'Is  dirt' option for the suitable  ground type(only one of 16 available in the theme!) first, and after this you will need to update your scenario with fixed theme. Also   this  thing about  flagging   ground as dirt  should be kept in mind during conversion of  pre-4.1 maps.

Thank you. I was wondering about the option "is dirt", but couldn't find any reference of it in the manual.

11 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

The concept seems right, except that it means that a wip desert vehicle emplacement is covered in grass texture, regardless if camo option is selected or not.

Any way to fix that with any other texture, maybe dirt or sand?

It's a form of camouflage - the position is disguised as an oasis :)