Bug 8040 - Difference in out of hatch view stability between traveling to East / West [fixed]

Lumituisku

When my vehicle is traveling to east.  All bounces of vehicle seem to be multiplied to  out of hatch view. 

When traveling to direct west, it is like all of sudden no bounces or movements of vehicle would affect my view stability.

In between it quickly gets worse the more eastwards my vehicle is traveling.  

This happens for sure on most vehicles, I tested quite many.  

This happens at very least on Gunnery range map (map for TANKS mission), Hannover Weserbeland map,  and on First operation map.   

On 10/21/2019 at 12:09 AM, Colebrook said:

That also affects gps?

So far I have not had any experience or findings to success such.  I even went to do bit of testing just now to test if this was the case.  Curiously though. 

While most western MBT's GPS and its stabilization seem immune to any effects like this...  I may have found a case that's GPS and gun stabilization has something similar visible.

T-55.   It's GPS and "mediocre" stabilization (note not fully but enjoying like...  80% stabilization effect) seem to be affected somewhat similar phenomenon but in a different way. 

On T55 - vehicle orientation doesn't seem to matter. > But rather of what direction your turret is facing compared to hull. 

There seems to be  somewhat visibly less swaying when turret is 90 to each side, compared to direct front or rear.  

Edited by Lumituisku

Well, this seems to be  completely different thing, and may be not so much a bug in fact. You may notice, that with gun over hull side vehicle motion in pitch  axis  is perceived mostly  as sight/gun LOS jolting  in roll axis, so it's more about width/shape of the bumps, IMHO.

Edit:  it is very easy to see from external views  how vehicle's hull is moving during off-road driving, and  how this affects  gun depending of turret azimuth position.

• 1 year later...

Ookay, I am necromancing this up again, because the stability of view problem still exist when unbuttoned  standing out of the hatch.  And that  I think is most annoying bug still active that I am aware.   

And it does affect your view point stability.  It is easy enough for anyone to test  and see difference. 

Simply try to have your vehicle travel west, and enjoy perfect view stability with no bounces affecting how your view is jerking up and down..    and you can even scan smoothly with binoculars. 

Versus if your vehicle is traveling east  where your point of view becomes impossible to observe anything from first person out of hatch view, basically forcing you to use F8 view instead.    When traveling east, there is no way of scanning around  or using binoculars.  

Please do something about this.  Put it to bug list atleast.   

And of above post about this affecting to other sights or stabilisation.  I have little or no current concerns about,  just the unbuttoned first person views stability on the move issue regarding direction of travel.   Because I love doing multicrew, and playing from commanders position.  And I want usable first person out of hatch view that doesn't bounce around making everything either horribly stabile  or blurry to point of no use.    But something where terrain, not direction of travel affects if youre using binoculars or not.   

Please fix the first person, unbuttoned view stability issue regarding direction of travel.

• Lumituisku changed the title to Bug 8040 - Difference in out of hatch view stability between traveling to East / West
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Ssnake changed the title to Bug 8040 - Difference in out of hatch view stability between traveling to East / West [fixed]