Manual traverse inconsistency.

hoggydog

I would be surprised if this hasn't been asked before but alas i could find no trace during a search.

I understand the reasoning behind using the arrow keys to represent the awkward nature of manual traverse/elevation controls. In most cases this is for secondary weapon systems but a number of vehicles like Warrior and Scimitar seem unfairly hamstrung by this method of control. Especially when compared to the BTR series which has seemed to escape this fate (not sure why).

Can someone shed some light of this discrepancy in manual turret controls? 

Scimitar and Scorpion are two person turrets with bigger guns, radios, stowage in the bustles and a fair bit of armour (relatively speaking), etc. so I wouldn't be surprised that they are heavier than the BRDM / BTR turrets.

I'd assume Warrior is a similar case.

Certainly when I was on CRV(T) in the late 80's during exchange they had manual traverse (albeit with a two speed - course / fine gearbox).

From memory this is modelled by using the mouse for "course" (pointing to the left / right of screen) and keyboard mashing for "fine" - but I maybe thinking of a different vehicle (or it may only apply to Warrior).

Edited by Gibsonm