Media Files

CalAB

i've requested this before as a wish list item, for the time being it doesn't work like that, in other words, suppose you are inside your vehicle buttoned up, you will hear the media file play crystal clear as if it were being pumped into the comm system rather than being an external event relative to the distance of your unit.

this could be a powerful tool if it were one day implemented like a sound effect which is located or triggered somewhere on the map subject to what you are asking like other sound effects

16 minutes ago, CalAB said:

Alright.  Time for some creative thinking.

I think the only work around at present is several media files of varying quality (if I understand what you are trying to achieve).

Further out say "Zone 1" low quality files are played, then transitioning closer (Zone 2) you get the better quality and finally closer still (Zone 3) you get the "best" quality.

Of course apart from creating the files (adding various amounts static or whatever) you'd need to edit the various conditions / events that play the files so that you get something like:

If condition 1 (whatever the thing is) is true and the player is in Zone 1 play sound 1 (low quality).

If condition 1 (whatever the thing is) is true and the player is in Zone 2 play sound 2 (mdm quality).

If condition 1 (whatever the thing is) is true and the player is in Zone 3 play sound 3 (high quality).

Of course now with digital radios you'd either get the signal or you don't, but for older scenarios (or players with older radio equipment) the above would be valid.

Another option which we have used for "jamming" / EW is to player a sound throughout whenever jamming has been triggered, but I'm pretty sure you can't play two sounds concurrently (e.g. here say your "sound 3" plus jamming to give you an unclear overall sound.

Edited by Gibsonm