Destroying Bridges

Rhyfel

Hi,

I'm in the middle of making a scenario and noticed there wasn't a thread addressing this topic. Is there a way to destroy the red truss steel girder bridge? If so, how much munitions do I need to throw at it? Tried four airstrikes to no avail (not sure if the pilots just didn't pass their gunnery skills or not). If there is another thread addressing this topic please feel free to move.

Thank you to the community for your help,

Rhyfel

On 10/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, Ssnake said:

Arguably, they shouldn't. :o

Well I did some experimenting and I can confirm ICM being very effective against bridges, in fact too effective.  Additionally I've discovered that the wooden bridge (ID 449) is impervious to HE artillery fire (but not main gun HEAT/HE, ICM, or IEDs).  I'll continue to test with other bridges before posting in the support thread...

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Thanks. If possible, a tabular overview about what combinations of explosives you tried on which bridge with what kind of outcome would be super helpful.

Roger that. I already have the data on IEDs, but arty strikes will take a couple more days. I'll roll the whole thing up and post it Saturday.