Reinstalled SB Pro PE

Kessler

Hey Gang..

Today, I reinstalled my original copy of Steel Beasts Pro PE back onto my computer but I found that the Dongle device isn't recognized. Does the Dongle need to be patched to a newer version as well as my current version of SB Pro PE to get the game up to the current game version in order to start Steel Beasts on my computer ? Please advise..

Thanks.

Ok, I downloaded and installed the six parts and followed the steps to bring the current version of the game to the Beta version. The problem I'm finding now is with the Dongle or CM Stick. The stick is not being recognized by my computer when the stick is plugged into a USB port on the back of the computer. Do I need a new license for this stick to just run the game? I think that is the problem I'm having now.

I originally purchased this game when it was released some time ago. As for any license information regarding the stick, I don't have that information readily available on hand. What should I do with this?

My computer is running on a Windows XP and I have an anti virus program currently running when I was trying to get the CM stick to install properly. Could this be a problem? Please advise thanks..

On my computer I do occassionally have issues with external USB drives, as windows attempts to assign several to the same drive letter...

Sometimes I can plug one of the drives into another port and it unconfuses itself. If that doesn't work, I have had some success with assigning a drive letter (towards the end of the alphabet) to one of the drives and letting the other sort itself out.

The USB implementation on my motherboard has been a problem from day one though, so this may not be the case for you.

Did you ensure the previous Codemeter software was uninstalled before installing 2.370, and the newer Codemeter software?

There have been a few codemeter firmware updates since the original shipping of SB ProPE, is it possible that the latest software requires an updated firmware?

On my computer I do occassionally have issues with external USB drives, as windows attempts to assign several to the same drive letter...

Sometimes I can plug one of the drives into another port and it unconfuses itself. If that doesn't work, I have had some success with assigning a drive letter (towards the end of the alphabet) to one of the drives and letting the other sort itself out.

The USB implementation on my motherboard has been a problem from day one though, so this may not be the case for you.

Did you ensure the previous Codemeter software was uninstalled before installing 2.370, and the newer Codemeter software?

There have been a few codemeter firmware updates since the original shipping of SB ProPE, is it possible that the latest software requires an updated firmware?

No, I didn't uninstall any previous version of the code meter before trying to update my game to the current beta version.

The problem I found with the CM stick was that my computer was not recognizing the stick at all. The small light at the end of the stick doesn't even blink to indicate that it is working.

According to Snake, once I downloaded the current version in its six parts, the current software for the stick would be made available. When I plugged the CM stick into the back of the computer, the stick was not recognized as a result. Perhaps I need to remove the software for the stick and try to reinstall it in order for the game to work? If that is the case, why am I being asked for license information? I will try to trouble again on my end.

The game is requesting a license from the stick, which it cannot see, hence the error dialogue.

Currently the stick appears to not be recognised and assigned a slot by windows. This is similar to behaviour of my various data USB sticks and my external USB drive. (Codemeter for me has always worked fine and I've never had to reassign, but several of my USB pen-drives do require a unique, fixed, drive letter or they block an existing USB device (even for unrelated device types which is odd))

If the stick was being recognised by windows but was failed, the light would flash red/green instead as far as I can tell.

Reinstalled the game to its current version. The CM stick software is at version 330c. When I try to connect the stick to a USB port, the computer does not recognize the device then there is another message saying that the stick malfunctioned. Seems the light on the CM stick won't even flash as well when in any USB port. Perhaps the CM stick is bad?

• Members

There has been no change in the license that would be needed to run 2.370 or any older version. My recommendation is - since I am about to leave office in about a day from now for more than a week - to contact the Support at CodeMeter.com (they operate at German office hours from nine to five). They also have a hotline number (just go to their web site and check the contact info page). It seems to me that it is a CodeMeter stick or a computer configuration issue. The CodeMeter support team is competent and usually analyzes the problem quickly.

If your stick needs to be replaced, we will certainly do so.

I will still check my emails and probably also manage to visit this forum - maybe not on a daily basis, but I'll try.