Using M900 APFSDS for the M60 ?

Nike-Ajax

23 hours ago, Assassin 7 said:

Before a Lase then No but after a Lase then yes it does by taking readings from the feedback offsets of the SAHA, The handle movements, The GTD Azimuth subsystem and LOS system.  But would not be able to determine speed if you are shooting with the gun front which gunnery techniques come into play such as lase, track, lase, fire. 

The SEP is completely different though as it does monitor vehicle speed and Turret positioning along with pitch angles and tilt.

Angled shots, shots on bumpy terrain...switching between ammos dozends of times.

Still not seeing anything  as mentioned in the OP?

So what are the conditions these happened? And what exactly where you doin?

9 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Angled shots, shots on bumpy terrain...switching between ammos dozends of times.

Still not seeing anything  as mentioned in the OP?

So what are the conditions these happened? And what exactly where you doin?

I didn’t see the M1 missing targets with the m900.  I’m not sure what you are asking here

Edited by Assassin 7

1 minute ago, Grenny said:

Tested with both the M60 and the M1...so it does not miss and there is no issue? Its a bit unclear where you're going at...

Ok as for the M1 no issue here and for the M60 I will let Cav explain since he knows that tank very well. I created a scenario with the M60 which was set to blind. Well come to find out that the TC will not enter a range in after you lase if in the gunner’s position cause the AI is blind. So had to set the tank back to normal in which I was hitting all my targets then. We also noticed that the stab is being turned off during reloading and you have to use the “V” key to turn it back on. Normal operating conditions I guess

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

So, the conclusion is that the system behaves wrong with a blind/no commander (IOW, that's the bug), but everything else works as it should?

I believe that this is another issue itself (Blind commander not entering range after lase from gunner station?) but maybe Nike can explain or show in a video of what he is seeing. 

• Members

I summarize this under "Backsteering" (negative feedback loop) even though that's slightly imprecise as the backsteering does a bit more than this; Verschleppungskorrektur alone is more like "lateral inertia vector compensation".

(...and for once, German needs only 24 characters to describe a thing while the shorter English needs 35 - hah!)

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I summarize this under "Backsteering" (negative feedback loop) even though that's slightly imprecise as the backsteering does a bit more than this; Verschleppungskorrektur alone is more like "lateral inertia vector compensation".

(...and for once, German needs only 24 characters to describe a thing while the shorter English needs 35 - hah!)

11 hours ago, Lt DeFault said:

Maybe "deviation compensation"?

Hmmm, the dictionary translates "Verschleppung" with kidnapping or abduction...so kidnappingcorrection  (just kidding  😎)

Edited by Grenny

• Members

Verschleppen could also be translated as "dragging one's feet" or "delaying a process" (Verschleppungstaktik is even a viable legal strategy that was mastered by Big Tobacco as the most prominent case), but in this case it refers to the lateral vector component caused by one's own vehicle movement while firing the gun ... and the compensation thereof.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, Assassin 7 said:

We also noticed that the stab is being turned off during reloading and you have to use the “V” key to turn it back on. Normal operating conditions I guess

Perhaps that's what was "In a book" or the manuals, however, according to actual M60A3 crewmen I spoke to, it's absolutely not how it was done in practice nor in training.  The stab kill switches were used only during start up in case the turret went crazy.

IIRC in a prior thread eSim was supposed to have changed the M60A3 to NOT deactivate the stab when moving at slow speed or slower but it never really worked that way, at least not reliably so for me.

9 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

Perhaps that's what was "In a book" or the manuals, however, according to actual M60A3 crewmen I spoke to, it's absolutely not how it was done in practice nor in training.  The stab kill switches were used only during start up in case the turret went crazy.

IIRC in a prior thread eSim was supposed to have changed the M60A3 to NOT deactivate the stab when moving at slow speed or slower but it never really worked that way, at least not reliably so for me.

That’s why I said “ I guess”. Also I have asked for Cav aka @TSe419E to verify this operation.

5 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

That’s why I said “ I guess”. Also I have asked for Cav aka @TSe419E to verify this operation.

I went through it with a few people who had 'been there done that' some time back...

The story as I got it was if you're taking ammo from hull stowage, if you're messing with the coax, if the stab has gone haywire, if the driver needed medical attention, etc, then the loader could and would hit the emergency stabilizer kill switch.

It was not normal practice to use the stabilizer cut out when firing and loading on the move from the turret racks, however, as the vehicle speed increased the stabilizer system rapidly lost effectiveness.  Basically "Slow" speed would be the M60A3's maximum effective fire on the move speed, at least with the main gun.  At higher speeds the crew might very well try to engage on the move, but they'd either have to do a "firing slowdown" or something, or just blast away and pray for a hit...