KANIUM SUNDAY - Operation Peacemaker - by Nike-Ajax

Nike-Ajax

m60.thumb.jpg.a37d69af1a54de0fbed769f1dea70c85.jpg

KANIUM SUNDAY 3rd of November - Operation Peacemaker -  by Nike-Ajax

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1900 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - now adjusted for European Winter Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack - and needed for this scenario:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

For the next three months at least we will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance :D 

map.thumb.png.9b22442cad9eab933948cf98f3e53e9d.png

map2.thumb.png.8f95b8cbcd6a39ee05ec566f97e47976.png

Operation Peacemaker V2
6´th of July 2021
SB Mission by Nike-Ajax

0. Background

For some time now tensions and disputes have been rising in Eastern Europe, fueled by a number of reasons including the perceived lack of understanding for the position and challenges faced internally and externally by the nations on Europe and NATOs Eastern flank. This has lead to internal dissention in the souteastern area, which combined with perceived threats from the East has led them to increase the expenditure on their armed forces.

Specifically then one of the countries bought a reinforced Armored/mechanized Battalion´s worth of used but fully serviceable vehicles from Turkey. This includes a number of upgraded M60´s, AIFVs ((represented by M113AS4)), MILAN ATGMs and around 10 to 20 Leopard 2A4´s.

In a very disturbing turn of events that no one saw coming, then the reinforced Battalion which received the  equipment, have risen against what they termed "national interests" and against "The EU dictatorship".

The Local government have tried to contain them with little luck but have managed to establish a heavy belt of obstacles and mines, forcing the Rebels to slow down and try to consolidate in the AO.
EU have taken a more political role, or in others word have not done much of anything.

The local Government at this time turned to Germany for help at to stop any further disruption and  chaos, in the context of EU and Bilateral agreements.

Our government has reluctantly agreed but at this time we have a very limited force in the AO.

It has been decided by the politicians - against the advice of the military - that the time to strike is

now as the rebels are mostly contained in one area, even though we are outnumbered.

The reason for this is not merely that we have the rebels isolated, but much more importantly that Intel have conclusively stated that the Rebel Commander is present at the forward Eny HQ.

Thus our primary mission is a Kill/Capture of the ENY commander.

Its is expected that the localized rebellion, will fall apart if the ENY Commander is taken out of the equation.

I. Situation

Time:

0600 Local Time

Weather:

Ligthly clouded with no chance of rain, 23 degrees Centigrade and LOS 3600 Meters

General

No war have been declared. Our strategic objective is to SECURE and HOLD OBJ GRIFFIN for at least 30 minutes, to enable a SOF Detachment from KSK Kommando Spezialkräfte standing by and under Direct Control of the TF HQ to either capture or kill him.  

The Rebels have surged a limited distance into our AO, then taken up HASTY DEFENSE having lost momentum and initiative. It is likely they are expecting a COUNTER ATTACK.

Terrain:

Dangerous mixture of closed and open, with channeling and blocking terrain features particularly to the West and South-west with a combination of a hilly and forested terrain. Friendly Air and ARTY have DESTROYED all the bridges and mined the access points to the West from where the Rebels attacked, thus they can not reinforce except with what is in the AO now which in any case is almost everything they have.

Obstacles:  

The Local government has put a strong belt of minefields (Reference Maptrace) and obstacles to the South-west, to channel, block and delay the Rebels. This minefield has now been reinforced by way of FASCAM (No timer on them as these are older generation FASCAM). THESE AREAS ARE PROHIBITED to all our forces on pain of DEATH.

This leaves a number of passes and areas where we - hopefully - can channel the enemy into our Engagement areas, while the SOF Detachment find and Inert the Rebel Commander.  

Current Situation.  

The Rebels have pushed into the AO, and now quite literally have their backs against the wall. This means that they have occupied the better positions with superior numbers, however they have not had time to entrench nor place additional obstacles. Our Taskforce (TF) PEACEMAKER, as an independent QRF, have been tasked with this mission. You will be outnumbered but not outfought, But dont underestimate the Enemy.

We are on Friendly soil, and must thus expect a fair number of civilians in the AO - and the international community is watching. Therefore, you are tasked to avoid civilian casualties to the degree that it does not endanger your command or overall goals.

FIRES in the Urban areas are only authorised by TF COMD, and then only if absolutely necessary.

Enemy Forces

Strength:

ENY Combined Bn(+).

Equipment:

At least two (2) full combined and reinforced Companies with M60A3, AIFV (With M113AS4 used as substitute) and with additional support and recon troops (From INTEL likely VEC-M1). Likely also screening forces around OBJ GRIFFIN as well as the likely presence of a number of ENY ATGM, which can include MILANs, confidence about last HIGH.

The ENY have another two full companies in reserve which they will likely push forward in a COUNTERATTACK when we have taken OBJ GRIFFIN. These will likely include a unknown number of Leopard 2A4´s, but otherwise probably have similar composition to the other two COYs. Confidence about that is HIGH.

Quality:

likely experienced conscripts and their ammunition the best the Turkish that sold the the vehicles can get.

MDA:

ENY only in HASTY DEFENSE in Main Defensive Areas (MDA), no constructed defences, entrenchments and major obstacles identified or likely  - aside from the known minefields and obstacles in the West of your AO (Reference Maptrace), confidence about which is HIGH.  

Reinforcement: NOT expected from the North, South or East as their lines of communication are cut for now. They DO have reinforcements to the West Reference Maptrace and per previous. Confidence HIGH.

ENY CoA:

Likely will not continue their attack, but rather try to lure our forces into an attritional fight where their numerical advantage, and use of terrain, will make up for their weakness in equipment.  ENY have access to Artillery in substantial numbers, exact units deployed for this operation unknown.

Friendly Forces (FF).

Local AIR SUPERIORITY achieved.

Flanks.  

FF North and East to SECURE Flanks, but not to Spt Attack.  

TF PEACEMAKER:  

TF consists of 3 x tank platoons of Leopard 2A6 as well as 2 x mechanized infantry platoon of Marder 1A3 (PLTs of 4), along with a tactical reserve of 1 SEC of Leopard 2A6 (2) and a 1 SEC of Marder 1A3 (2)

B Coy Dismounted infantry equipped with 2 x Anti-Tank teams (SPIKE MR) (Odds callsigns) and 2 x LMG Teams (Even callsigns). Each MECHINF platoon in B COY thus has 2x Anti-Tank teams and 2 x LMG Teams, the rest being issued with AT-4s and rifle grenades plus a medic team, and are all considered Elite.   

A team of Friendly SOF under direct control of TF HQ (so not on map), will execute Capture/Kill when OBJ Griffin is Cleared enough to safely execute their misson.

FIRES.

4 x 6 Tubes of 155mm SP howitzers, no FASCAM available,   
1 x 6 x 120 mm SP mortars with their own supply trucks (with the howitzers being further back, so off-map,  
8 CAS strike missions on call.

(As usual: ALL ARTILLERY IS UNDER THE CONTROL OF CO AND FO: so do not touch the ARTY controls if you not one of these two).

LOGISTICS:

Repair Sect, 2 x Supply and 1 x MED Sect.

NO Engr, as there are expected no major obstacles in vector of attack.  So BYPASS any ENY obstacles.

Rules of Engagement. NOTHING IN THESE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT LIMITS YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE APPROPIATE ACTION TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND YOUR UNIT.

A. You have the right to use force to proactively engage any and all ENY targets of opportunity.
B. You are cleared to fire first on all hostile targets or targets with deemed hostile intent, including armed civilians.
C. The force should be used under the circumstances and proportional to the threat.
D. We are NOT at war. Destruction of civilian property has been cleared by the local authorities ONLY if CO deems that there is a CLEAR military value and goal in said destruction, including FIRES in urban areas.
E. All Laws of War are to be observed.

II. Mission:  

TF PEACEMAKER is to DESTROY ENY between PL PEACE and PL HARMONY as needed iot SEIZE OBJ GRIFFIN & HOLD OBJ for at least Thirty (30) Minutes, IOT facilitate the Capture/kill of ENY HVT.   

III. Execution  

Concept of the Operation:

Taskforce PEACEMAKER with 2 SECs TAC RESERVE, ATTACK from NORTHEAST to SOUTHWEST; conducting an attack by fire from PL PEACE towards PL HARMONY, and then ASSAULT to SEIZE OBJ GRIFFIN.  Once SECURE, PREPARE HASTY Defence to HOLD Objective until SOF forces confirm Capture/kill: expected duration 30 minutes.This will DEFEAT the ENY and PREVENT further ENY offensive operations, achieving our immediate political goal.

Commanders Intent  

Purpose - The purpose of this operation is to DESTROY the ENY forces in OBJ GRIFFIN, then OCCUPY, thus allowing FRIENDLY SOF forces to execute Capture/kill mission on ENY HVT.   

Key Tasks

1. Attack from PL PEACE towards PL HARMONY to DESTROY the ENY.
         2. Seize and Clear OBJ GRIFFIN.
         3. Conduct HASTY DEFENSE ITO DEFEAT ENY Counter Attacks
         4. Once Friendly SOF have exectued Capture/kill mission, then execute a HASTY RETREAT to original Deployment Area

End State:  

Friendly.  FF postured in or IVO Original Deployment Area; consolidated and prepared and able to continue operations towards the SOUTH.
Enemy.   ENY DESTROYED between PL PEACE and PL HARMONY, unable to support Enemy forces EAST of the Hills.
Terrain.   All tactically commanding terrain features SECURED and CLEAR of ENY.
Civilian.  As little disruption to civilian life and property as possible, without disrupting your military goals and the security of your command.   

Fires Concept.

4 x 6 Tubes of self-propelled 155 mm howitzers that will directly support this operations, from outside of the AO (offmap) and 1 x Six (6) 120 mm self-propelled Mortars for use in AO, with integral ammo supply trucks. There are 8 priority missions ready for tasking.

1 x 6 x Tubes of 120mm organic fires under TF CO control (P1), with organic supply vehicles (P2).
4 x 6 x Tubes of 155 mm off-map fires under TF CO control.
8 CAS sorties were awarded during this targeting cycle of the ATO under TF CO control.

Aviation

Nil

IV. Sustainment

Supply              TF will carry forward 2 x resupply vehicles, P-1 have 2 x supply vehicle allocated to them specifically (P-2). No resupply possible beyond that .
Maintenance   TF will carry forward 1x combat repair team (CRT)
Medical            TF will carry forward 1x foward aid station (FAS)

V. Command And Signal

Succession of Command

Hotel-66     TF Commander
Hotel-65     TF XO
Alpha-11    1 PLT LDR/A
Alpha-21    2 PLT LDR/A
Bravo-11    1 PLT LDR/B

Signals

No Change; as per unit SOP

Edited by Nike-Ajax

MANNING:

TF PEACEMAKER Command 

H66 (LEOPARD 2A6):  Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

H65 (MARDER 1A3):

P65 (M113G4-DK FO):

A1 (LEOPARD 2A6)

A11 Assassin (Kanium,US)

A12 Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

A13 Badger (?,?)

A14 Apocalypse (Kanium,US)

A2 (LEOPARD2A6)

A21 

A22 Battle Bureaucrat (Kanium,PL)

A23 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

A24 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

A3 (LEOPARD 2A6)

A31 Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

A32 BCoy (?,?)

A33 Tankenator (Kanium,US)

A34 

B1 (MARDER 1A3)

B11 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

B12 Dboy (Kanium,UK)

B13 

B14 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

B2 (MARDER 1A3)

B21 Grenny (Kanium,DE)

B22

B23 

B24 O. Schmidt (?,DE)

RESERVES: A4 and B3 (LEOPARD 2A6 and MARDER 1A3) -  Will NOT be manned initially

A4 (LEOPARD 2A6)

A41 

A44 

B3 (MARDER 1A3)

B31  

B34

H1 - CSS: Medic, ARV and SUPPLY x 2

P1 - 1 X 6 X SP MTR with own supply vehicle (P2)

OPFOR:

Nike-Ajax 

No more needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Hosting:

Nike-Ajax

(17/17)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

I'd like to join, I don't have any experience with this online yet and just recently started with SB. I've completed the full tutorial for M1 and the TC tutorial for 2A5, some gunnery in the t55 and t64 for fun but beyond that the scenarios I've tried so far are too large scale for me to manage on my own yet. Any room for me here yet or should I wait until I've put some more time in?

16 minutes ago, BCoy said:

I'd like to join, I don't have any experience with this online yet and just recently started with SB. I've completed the full tutorial for M1 and the TC tutorial for 2A5, some gunnery in the t55 and t64 for fun but beyond that the scenarios I've tried so far are too large scale for me to manage on my own yet. Any room for me here yet or should I wait until I've put some more time in?

Nope, join in, learning by doing  and learning from others is the best way of getting into it. So welcome and grab a tank.

Later on, if get more adapt to steelbeasts and you want to better yourself, I'd suggest you can take a try at MechInf. 😋

2 hours ago, Grenny said:

Nope, join in, learning by doing  and learning from others is the best way of getting into it. So welcome and grab a tank.

Later on, if get more adapt to steelbeasts and you want to better yourself, I'd suggest you can take a try at MechInf. 😋

Great! I'll take A32. And IFV's in the future does sound like fun.

11 hours ago, BCoy said:

Great! I'll take A32. And IFV's in the future does sound like fun.

Done and welcome BCoy !

To be clear:

We always have room for everyone, regardless of their level of competence. If needed we can start you as a gunner for a more experienced player.

And we can help you with training if YOU want it.

Our only expectation of new guys is that they try - and hopefully have a good time.

Edited by Nike-Ajax