KANIUM Sunday - NTC BERGEN Counterattack UK by Grenny

Nike-Ajax

image.thumb.png.02bd7d9592238cf56a940afeaaf068a8.png

KANIUM Sunday 1st of December - NTC BERGEN Counterattack UK by Grenny

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1900 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - now adjusted for European Winter Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack - and needed for this scenario:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1jl33xxhacftx/SB Converted Maps v2.rar?dl=0

For the next three months at least we will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance :D 

image.png.a32473531b1d1135f1c34343de76987b.pngimage.png.a32473531b1d1135f1c34343de76987b.png

#Note# Mission can be ended by blue CO with trigger No# 20("end mission")

1) Situation:
    a) Enemy:

An Enemy motorized  Rifle Division(BTR) is attacking south-east IOT take crossings over the ALLER and force own units to fall back towards CELLE.

Enemy  1st Echelon (1 MechRgt BMP) attack has been stopped in front of mine obstacles in AOR of 2nd and 1st company.

All battalions have been introduced, and degraded down to 40-60%. Enemy is currently halting/regrouping and setting up a new reserve.

Most likely  enemy COA is to switch to a hasty defence and fall back  to defend along line TUTENBERG-FERNSCHLANGBERG-ZIEGENBERG
        IOT block own counterattack and enable/secure forward passage of lines of 2nd echelon Regt.

b) Own:

The 1st Queen's Dragoon Guards (QDG) and the Queens Royal Hussars (QRH) fought a successful delay battle between FALLINBOSTEL and HAMMBERG.

Currently the 20th Armoured Brigade is defending with 3 BN abreast. 1st BN The Yorkshire Regt (1 YORKS) on the right, 5th BN The Rifles (5 RIFLES) centre and 1st BN The Princess of Wales Royal         Regt (1 PWRR) on the left.

The QRH are now the Brigade's Reserve, stationed near BRELIEN-DAMM. QDG are covering the Brigade's Flanks and Gaps between the
        BNs.

In front of 5 RIFLES, the enemy main effort has been halted with support from 26th Artillery Rgt and 35 Engineers.
        1 YORKS have been able to stop the enemy just west of BOLLENBERG-HANLOH and a currently counterattacking west.     

2) Mission:

-5 RIFLES defends along line SCHWARZENBERG-WIEGMANNSEE-LOHEIDE
        -Destroys enemy BMP Rgt in front of own positions
        -is prepared to support Brigade counterattack "MACE" on the right side
        -stops enemy advance on line CAMP-HOELLENBERG---CAMP HOERSTEN, latest

3) Tasks:

A Company:
        -defends in the BNs centre

C Company:
        -detaches 1 Pl to D Sqn.
        -attaches 1 Tp from D Sqn
        -defends on the BN left...

B Company:
                      - defends on the right
                      - is prepared to gain positions around the WIEGMANNSEE IOT support BN's counterattack

D Squadron QRH:
                       -is the BNs reserve currently stationed northwest of BLECKMAR      
                       -is prepared to reeinforce/relieve in place all companies
                       - is prepared to counterattack ("DAGGER") north west around B Company's positions
                         IOT neutralize enemy forces between FUHRBERGN - TUTENBERG, and take OBJ "STAB" in support of  brigade counterattack MACE

4) Combat support/CSS

a) Artillery/Engineers:
        -26th Regt RA in support of 20th Armoured Brigade  
                    -Our battalion receives priority one fire support for the duration of the counterattack DAGGER (2 Batteries with 6 Guns each...TAM+squinting used as "AS90")
                    -MRLS BN on standby, they'll deliver FASCAM barrier "SHANNON" at X+30 (safety distance 500m )
        - 1MRLS plt on standby for direct support (DPICM)     
                    - Main effort for Mortar Platoon with D Squadron

CAS: 656 Squadron AAC will be able to support in 35 minutes, inboud from -2400, 656 Squadron will neutralize the remains of the ENY MechBNs in the area of LOHHEIDE

- Mortar company (9 tubes, split in 3 platoons)...will reposition forward when trigger No#1 is used

b) CSS:
        -all units at least 75% in ammunition and fuel

c) Attachments Detachments :
                D Company detached to QRH
          D Squadron QRH attached

5) C2:
      X time= mission start
      Radio net according to scenario CO

Notes:

1.) Scouts
the 2 Scimitar sections are part of the QDG with mission to
-keep liaison between 1 YORKS and 5 RIFLES
-overwatch the gap between the 2 BN
-overwatch right flank of counterattack DAGGER

They are NOT UNDER command of the Scenarios CO! Act like scouts...move independent...give information to the line troops.

Before the "heavies" pass their positions they should keep they heads down to NOT BE SEEN...and even more important: not get shot at.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning:

Command 

D 66 (CR2) Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

D 65 (CR2)

D8(m113 FO) Grenny (Kanium,DE)

D1 troop (CR2) (Queens own)

D11 Hedgehog (UKArmour,UK)

D12 Crusty (UKArmour, UK)

D13

D14 IrishHussar (?,UK)

D2 troop( CR2) (Colonials 😉)

D21 Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

D22 Fre4k (?,CAN)

D23 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

D24 Badger (?,US)

D3 platoon (4xWarrior, MechInf, 4x rifle team (NLAW, 10 rds 40mmx46, HE/SMK, 4x GPMG team, pltSgt, pltldr teams)

D31 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

D32 Dboy (Kanium,UK)

D33

D34 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

D35 AT Section (2x Warrion, 4x Javelin team)

D35 Colebrook (Kanium,ESP) (MAYBE)

D36 O. Schmidt (Kanium,DE)

CSS: 2xMAN x45 w.RWS (supply), 1x Wiesent ARV(RWS), 1xMedic M113

.....................................................................................

Recon troop CVR(T) Scimitar (READ what Grenny wrote: position requires experienced players)

O11 SnS (Kanium,UK)

O12 Major Duck (Kanium,DK), SwordsmanDK (Kanium,DK)

O13 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

O14

OPFOR:

AI - No more needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

ChrisReb (Kanium,UK)

Assassin (Kanium,US)

Hoggydog (UKArmour,UK) 

Hosting:

Nike-Ajax

(18/18)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

21 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Me!

Me!

Me!

Me!

Me!

Me!

& Hoggy 

For D11 & D14

(& Maybe Crusty for D12/D13)

We are most happy and indeed honored, to bring such joy and exuberance to the fine Gentlemen of the British Isles 🧐

I shall endeavor to allocate the coudos of this event where it is due and raise my glass with a firm Huzzah to @Grenny

And you Sir @Crusty, shall we count your name among the British gentlemen attending this informal soiree?

Edited by Nike-Ajax

19 hours ago, IrishHussar said:

As one of my former Squadrons it would be an honour to crew a CR2 please.

As one of the facilitators of these events, then its an honor to see players both new and old to the SB experience week after week:

All of your presence(s?) are noted and appreciated.

12 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

We are most happy and indeed honored, to bring such joy and exuberance to the fine Gentlemen of the British Isles 🧐

I shall endeavor to allocate the coudos of this event where it is due and raise my glass with a firm Huzzah to @Grenny

And you Sir @Crusty, shall we count your name among the British gentlemen attending this informal soiree?

Aw crap, I gotta read a briefing now haven't I?

Bollocks.

:D

And @hoggydog this is the march you want, before SnS & Irish start whacking you on your Soviet Tanker's hat.

Edited by Hedgehog

11 hours ago, Grenny said:

Thats why I always think of when talking about brit. hussars 😉

For your information.

The 4th Light Dragoons, later called the 4th Queen's Own Hussars and the 8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars both took part in this Glorious military disaster.

They were later (1958) amalgamated together to form The Queen's Royal Irish Hussars, the regiment that I joined in 1980. Then in 1993 The Queen's Royal Irish Hussars Amalgamated with the Queen's Own Hussars to form the Queen's Royal Hussars who I served with until 2003.