Another palm switch issue. [RESOLVED]

hoggydog

Palm switch is working as advertised in all vehicles since patch except M60.

The palm switch does not need to be be depressed to traverse the turret and elevate the gun but IS required to lase or fire. 

unless this is as designed (never been in an M60 let alone fluffed around with it turret. ) this may be a little bug.

Ben

1 hour ago, hoggydog said:

The palm switch does not need to be be depressed to traverse the turret and elevate the gun but IS required to lase or fire. 

With 'Control handle' option enabled?

M60A3 is tricky  vehicle, when it comes to controls, and in  fact here we are dealing 3 separate issues:

1st issue. Palm switches not needed to be depressed to aim  the gun. On  real  vehicle released palm switches are inhibiting traverse and elevation only in POWER mode,  but in STAB mode gunner can  traverse the turret and elevate gun without depressing them. So in this aspect current  behavior is  correct.

2nd issue. Palm switches are required to be depressed to fire the main gun/coax.  Here  I'm not so sure because I don't see  anything  reminding palm switches on main gun and machine gun control electrical schematics diagram.  E.g. current behavior looks incorrect, unless something is omitted from the diagram.

3rd issue. Palm switches are required to be  depressed in order to lase. The trick is, that IRL  releasing  palm switches at gunner's station  will also reset LRF(admittedly not everything is  quite right in this area) . Sadly I don't have  any relevant  schematics diagrams for LRF, but  in theory yes, released palm switches may inhibit lasing, so likely current implementation is more or less OK.

4 hours ago, Jartsev said:

With 'Control handle' option enabled?

M60A3 is tricky  vehicle, when it comes to controls, and in  fact here we are dealing 3 separate issues:

1st issue. Palm switches not needed to be depressed to aim  the gun. On  real  vehicle released palm switches are inhibiting traverse and elevation only in POWER mode,  but in STAB mode gunner can  traverse the turret and elevate gun without depressing them. So in this aspect current  behavior is  correct.

2nd issue. Palm switches are required to be depressed to fire the main gun/coax.  Here  I'm not so sure because I don't see  anything  reminding palm switches on main gun and machine gun control electrical schematics diagram.  E.g. current behavior looks incorrect, unless something is omitted from the diagram.

3rd issue. Palm switches are required to be  depressed in order to lase. The trick is, that IRL  releasing  palm switches at gunner's station  will also reset LRF(admittedly not everything is  quite right in this area) . Sadly I don't have  any relevant  schematics diagrams for LRF, but  in theory yes, released palm switches may inhibit lasing, so likely current implementation is more or less OK.

Thanks for the reply, Yes this is with control handle listed.

So I guess it is working as designed (or as close as the current model allows,)