Questions About The TGIF Sessions

Duncanc0189

Hello,

I'm brand new to Steel Beast multiplayer and have been trying to get more info on the Friday night sessions. I've found the rules, times, teamspeak servers, etc. but I don't know some of the finer details.

What version do I need to be running, do I need to download any missions or maps for the session, and is there anything like a Discord where this is discussed beforehand?

I did just find this post that has information on new sessions. I see that the last session information comment was the day of the session. Does this mean information won't be available until the day of?

Thanks

Edited by Duncanc0189
New information

-Version: We always use the last, at this moment 4.161,you can download here :https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

-Download mission: Usually is not needed to download maps, we use the default ones. You need to download the mission to play, but you can do it when you join the server.

-Discord: there is no TGIF discord as far as I know.

-Session information: Yes, is usually posted 20-10 min before mission starts, and sometimes mission can be changed in last minute to adjust to the number of players assisting.

4 hours ago, Colebrook said:

-Version: We always use the last, at this moment 4.161,you can download here :https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

-Download mission: Usually is not needed to download maps, we use the default ones. You need to download the mission to play, but you can do it when you join the server.

-Discord: there is no TGIF discord as far as I know.

-Session information: Yes, is usually posted 20-10 min before mission starts, and sometimes mission can be changed in last minute to adjust to the number of players assisting.

Is there any possibility of at least knowing the vehicles involved so I can make sure I am familiar with them?

50 minutes ago, Duncanc0189 said:

Is there any possibility of at least knowing the vehicles involved so I can make sure I am familiar with them?

You can be reasonably confident that M1s, Leos, T-72s, CV-90s, Bradleys, ... will be in the mix.

But don't be surprised if there is "bush wars" type event with older Soviet kit or Arab - Israeli or some sort of UN vs whatever type force mix.

If you attend and you aren't familiar with the exact vehicle(s) in use on that day, just tell someone and they'll make sure you aren't forgotten / overlooked / overwhelmed. 

Edited by Gibsonm