Lumituisku

Can Steelbeast be used in other's than windows OS?

Out of curiosity, friend of mine asked if Steelbeast can be run on mac? 

I tried to find answer myself but was't able find good enough search words to find such answer.  On the Shop page it does say  "Requires  Windows.."    So I assume there is no support for other operating systems?  

Thanks ahead! 

I think some people have been able to get it to run on a Windows emulator such as Boot Camp. I have never used Apple products though, so I would defer to those who have tried it.

Bootcamp is not an emulator like a virtual machine running under another os. Its a normal installation in another disk or partition. sb runs just fine there like everything else.

Yes you can run SB in widows via Bootcamp (or indeed Virtual PC) on a Mac.

So while you are still running Windows, its on a different computer platform.

However to strictly answer the question, no there is no version of SB for Linux or Mac OS, etc.

Pretty sure there was a thread on it a while back ...

Edited by Gibsonm

You could set up a CodeMeter license server on different platforms (including Linux and MacOS), but not Steel Beasts itself. We don't hate Macs or Linux, we just don't have the resources to support more than multiple Windows platforms.

What I wrote above on Dec 7th is still valid. I don't know how good DirectX emulation has become under Linux but I suspect that it's still not a simple thing to get working, not to speak of working well,