4.162 Today

Ssnake

• Members

Hello everybody, Quality Assurance has greenlighted the release of version 4.162, which will probably happen in the next twelve hours. Until then, find the Release Notes below.

4.162 is a patch, and as such doesn't work miracles ... but hopefully addresses the one or other issue that you noticed in your games as inconvenient or wrong; we'll keep working on an update which I'd tentatively expect late in Q1 or maybe May/June focusing on Map Editor improvements (and the Map Server interface).

SBProPE_4-162_RN.pdf

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Hello everybody, Quality Assurance has greenlighted the release of version 4.162, which will probably happen in the next twelve hours. Until then, find the Release Notes below.

4.162 is a patch, and as such doesn't work miracles ... but hopefully addresses the one or other issue that you noticed in your games as inconvenient or wrong; we'll keep working on an update which I'd tentatively expect late in Q1 or maybe May/June focusing on Map Editor improvements (and the Map Server interface).

SBProPE_4-162_RN.pdf 897.87 kB · 32 downloads

Nice christmas gift.

tough without a "Marder 1A3 can now be fitted with MILAN/Spike ATGM" ....well, maybe next year 😉

Hi, this is great and I'm probably just being thick as usual, but I can't see anything obviously new in the release notes. At the front it says existing stuff highlighted in yellow, but when I read it I see lots of stuff I was already aware of unhighlighted. How can I deduce what is new?

1 hour ago, Abraxas said:

There may be some improvements, but especially the bridges are now a disaster! As far as the maps: Wolfsburg-Dahlum, Schwarmstedt-Bergen-Munster-Eimke and Wasserkuppe (all 4.161) are concerned, it looks like this now:

No longer usable!

Hmmm,  do you see this on published  maps,  or while editing unpublished  maps?

Update:

-If  map is unpublished, slightly stretch affected bridges. 

1 hour ago, Abraxas said:

Well, if you can't use maps with bridges anymore, the prerequisite for realistic maps is no longer given: no exaggeration! Sorry, that's my opinion but the decision of each user!

Actually you still able to use them. As  far as I can see at this point, this bug affect only a 3D view of the map editor, while in  the mission editor or during gameplay maps should be Ok.