4.162 Posted

Sean

13 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

If you're in the US, drop me a personal message on here some time.  If you're willing to wait for me to have a good day off, I'm more than happy to burn the installer files to CD and drop them in the mail if it'll help you get up and running.

This is why I play SB, great folks willing to help.  Just waiting for the pc build.  Never had a problem downloading the files.  My problem was an old computer with an illegal copy of windows 7 (installed by intell).  Could not execute the files.

• 3 years later...

I've just tested it to be a host in a network session of the same scenario till open the map (Bergen-Soltau-Munster).

Results (Win10):

Server SBProPE64cm (8 participants): 1 min 35 sec

Server SBProPEServer64cm (25 participants): 3 min 32 sec

It's not a really problem for me, as I've time and I'm still young at almost 72 years of age and can wait😉

8 hours ago, Abraxas said:

I've just tested it to be a host in a network session of the same scenario till open the map (Bergen-Soltau-Munster).

Results (Win10):

Server SBProPE64cm (8 participants): 1 min 35 sec

Server SBProPEServer64cm (25 participants): 3 min 32 sec

It's not a really problem for me, as I've time and I'm still young at almost 72 years of age and can wait😉

There are considerably more steps in that.

My times stop when you get to the menu that includes "Network Session" - yours go well beyond that.

• Members

Can you please launch the PE server and the regular PE version both with TRACE logging (=debug mode) on, then set up a network session with no participants, and proceed to the planning Phase, then end Steel Beasts?

Afterwards, please send me the resulting debugLog files.

Hopefully there's a common pattern as to which steps in the process take up so much time.

For the record, this is bug #8139.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Can you please launch the PE server and the regular PE version both with TRACE logging (=debug mode) on, then set up a network session with no participants, and proceed to the planning Phase, then end Steel Beasts?

Afterwards, please send me the resulting debugLog files.

Hopefully there's a common pattern as to which steps in the process take up so much time.

For the record, this is bug #8139.

Identical scenario selected for both runs.

1. Regular PE version: 1 Min 4.73 Seconds to planning phase.

Debug Log: DebugLog Regular

2. Server PE version: 1 Min 22.35 Seconds * to planning phase.

* perhaps a second lost answering the "your license will expire in X days" warning.

Debug Log: DebugLog Server

DebugLog Regular.txt DebugLog Server.txt

• Members

Thank you. In this first case it seems like the PE Server spends more time with the creation of certain minefields. The total time deviation appears not very dramatic, but maybe more test runs with other machines and other scenarios will reveal something. I had expected some network timeouts to be responsible for the delays, but this is clearly not the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a scenario where mines are scripted to be laid, triggered and can also be requested. We (5x DE, 1x CH, 1x US and 1 AU participant) played it yesterday! Everything works in a test and as a single player. As a host with a total of 8 participants, everything also works. But yesterday with the large server (> 8 participants) there are problems: Scripted cluster mine barriers were not laid or triggered. Only the currently requested cluster mine barriers were fired.

Edited by Abraxas