JIM LR controls

The JIM LR is annoyingly difficult to use..  is it just me?

I wish mouse wheel could be mapped to the variable zoom!

Also, I wish the standard TIS Toggle control toggled the JIM LR mode.  At the moment the standard TIS toggle changes between NVG and JIM LR, and the Alt TIS mode control toggles the JIM LR itself..  I wish these controls were reversed, as it’s much more frequently needed to toggle TIS than switch from NVGs.

JIM LR designated points give map coordinates, but they don’t show up in Call For Fire dialog, it would be nice if they did, like FO teams do.

10 minutes ago, ben said:

The JIM LR is annoyingly difficult to use..  is it just me?

I wish mouse wheel could be mapped to the variable zoom!

Also, I wish the standard TIS Toggle control toggled the JIM LR mode.  At the moment the standard TIS toggle changes between NVG and JIM LR, and the Alt TIS mode control toggles the JIM LR itself..  I wish these controls were reversed, as it’s much more frequently needed to toggle TIS than switch from NVGs.

JIM LR designated points give map coordinates, but they don’t show up in Call For Fire dialog, it would be nice if they did, like FO teams do.

Regarding the grids/koordinates...no

For the FO teams this models beeing connected to the artillery command-and-control system (for germany it would be "ADLER"). The JIM-LR would have no data-link to that system...hence the need to call for fire in a more traditional way.