is steel beast download working without the stick

rredalert

Just now, rredalert said:

is steel beast freware with out a dongel

No, Steel Beasts is not a freeware.  You can download and install it free of charge, but to run it you need a license, which is not free.

License can be purchased in our Web Shop  here: https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1530

...and I suggest to think about time-based  options, since they are cheaper in short term.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
4 hours ago, hubert90 said:

Is there any way to obtain a license without the dongle? it seems like an archaic system.

Well, it may appear very traditional. But it has kept software pirates at bay for 20 years now. It maintains your privacy, being locally contained. It doesn't install backdoors on your systems, or otherwise severely compromises your IT system. It lets you sell your Steel Beasts copy. Generally, it offers a more customer-friendly balance of power between you and the software vendor (us).

In summary, I still consider it the best compromise between a set of at least partially competing requirements, ease of use being one factor among many.

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

It lets you sell your Steel Beasts copy. Generally, it offers a more customer-friendly balance of power between you and the software vendor (us).

In the the past this was something hardley worth mentioning to most people.   Now more and more people are coming to appreciate these things.  Physical media, and in this case a physical license.

I've bought a ton of used DVD's, and Blueray's off of ebay for cheap over the past few years because of this and also, "Han shot first!".    

Edited by RogueSnake79