TGIF: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

Whatever time it is at Sean's house. 🤪

But yeah, that's right, we are going off US time and the time has changed (we moved forward +1) - so keep that in mind for this Friday. Not sure if that means its 1 hour later or earlier for everyone else, I stopped trying to figure that out.

2 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Whatever time it is at Sean's house. 🤪

But yeah, that's right, we are going off US time and the time has changed (we moved forward +1) - so keep that in mind for this Friday. Not sure if that means its 1 hour later or earlier for everyone else, I stopped trying to figure that out.

I think one hour earlier, I was an hour earlier for our meeting today.  So whatever time the other countries were using, if they didn't change clock times this weekend, they need to come an hour earlier.

(Prepares to wait an hour on Friday anyways because not everyone will see this 😄)

Edited by Valleyboy

• Moderators

19 MAR 2021:

We are starting the "Firefight" series, which are 10 scenarios played through and I will total the score from week to week (its cumulative).

Firefight 79-S05-4250b

Points are compared week to week (Blue is positive points and Red is negative points). By the end of Mission  10, if Blue has +500 points or more, or if Red has -500 points or less, then that side wins, otherwise it’s a Draw.

Current Score: +1764 (US favor)

Example: Mission 1 score: Blue 500, Red 600; Mission 2 score: Blue 750, Red 250

Total: +400 (in Blue's favor)

(500-600)+(750-250)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No (unless sides are uneven or imbalanced), ideally teams should remain the same for all 10 scenarios (stay on the side you started on).
  • Random CO selection? No (unless no volunteers), ideally the same CO will CO all 10 scenarios, or someone else on the side will have to step up from mission to mission (rotate within the team).
  • Minimum # players: 8

NOTES:

Looking forward to jumping into TGIF tomorrow, was wondering if there's a list of vehicles likely to be getting used, so I can get some time in them before jumping in head first!

I'm also assuming with the difference of points at the moment you'd prefer new joiners to join the Soviet side to help em out with numbers?

• Moderators

Thanks for playing Mission 5. After tonight the score so far is:

Scenario 1

• US: +706
  • Soviet: -294

Scenario 2

• US +326
  • Soviet: -674

Scenario 3

• US +800
  • Soviet: -100

Scenario 4

• US +1000
  • Soviet: -0

Scenario 5

• US +163
  • Soviet: -837

Total

• +1090 (Draw, US winning)

(By the end of Scenario 10, if Total is >= +500 then US wins, or if Total is <= -500 then Soviet wins, otherwise its a DRAW.)

Great game last night (in part because we won :P  )

Welcome to the new players who showed up last night, and to those that returned, very happy to have you on board.  Great try Blue team, I felt less victorious after seeing how little forces you had compared to the ocean of Soviet vehicles that crashed on your shore.

It was good for the campaign that red got a good victory here.  Else it might have started to get out of reach.   Now its still anyone's game, with Blue's lead seeming larger than it really is.   Blue is up by 1090 points, but red only needs to cut that to 499 by the last mission to secure the win.   

So, the fight is still on!  And that my friends is what everyone involved should hope for.  That it stays close, and everyone stays engaged for max fun.  Also, with these odd number scores, the likelihood of a draw is fading in the mirror I think.

• Moderators

Yep, as is the nature of this FF79 campaign, it can swing quite a lot from mission to mission, depending on what happens.

Most people don't enjoy stomping a mud hole in someone's rectum (or having that done to them), so its always more exciting if things are kept close.  Only half way there...

• Moderators

26 MAR 2021:

We are starting the "Firefight" series, which are 10 scenarios played through and I will total the score from week to week (its cumulative).

Firefight 79-S06-4250

Firefight 79-S07-4250a

(two short/small missions played back to back)

Points are compared week to week (Blue is positive points and Red is negative points). By the end of Mission  10, if Blue has +500 points or more, or if Red has -500 points or less, then that side wins, otherwise it’s a Draw.

Current Score: +1090(US favor)

Example: Mission 1 score: Blue 500, Red 600; Mission 2 score: Blue 750, Red 250

Total: +400 (in Blue's favor)

(500-600)+(750-250)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No (unless sides are uneven or imbalanced), ideally teams should remain the same for all 10 scenarios (stay on the side you started on).
  • Random CO selection? No (unless no volunteers), ideally the same CO will CO all 10 scenarios, or someone else on the side will have to step up from mission to mission (rotate within the team).
  • Minimum # players: 8

NOTES:

• Moderators

OK, I uploaded both 06 and 07 scenarios to the TS server, SB Lobby, for if either side wants to plan before TGIF. Again, just be sure to save it as a Map Overlay (not a plan) just in case the scenario might get any updates before TGIF.

Also, yes, the plan is to play both back to back, because these two are small and short (ahem).