TGIF: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

Thanks for playing Mission 6 and 7. I did make an adjustment in #6 for next time, to make it slightly more forgiving on Blue for taking the objectives (max score at 40 min, rather than 30 min).  But in both cases both sides fought hard and it was down to the wire.  😬

After tonight the score so far is:

Scenario 1

• US: +706
  • Soviet: -294

Scenario 2

• US +326
  • Soviet: -674

Scenario 3

• US +800
  • Soviet: -100

Scenario 4

• US +1000
  • Soviet: -0

Scenario 5

• US +163
  • Soviet: -837

Scenario 6

• US +0
  • Soviet: -1000

Scenario 7

• US +607

Total

• -303 (Draw, Soviet winning)

(By the end of Scenario 10, if Total is >= +500 then US wins, or if Total is <= -500 then Soviet wins, otherwise its a DRAW.)

• Moderators

Actually, yes, there are some M72 LAWs for the Soviet side, and they are representing the RPG-18 that was very comparable. RPG-22 is a 1980s weapon, so if anyone sees any RPG-22 then point out the scenario and I will change them to the LAW (but it probably was the LAW you saw, which looks identical in game I think to RPG-22).

• Moderators

02 APR 2021:

Firefight 79-S08-4250

(scenario is in the TS Lobby in case anyone wants to plan ahead -- remember to save as Map Graphics, not Plan, just in case the scenario changes before game time)

Points are compared week to week (Blue is positive points and Red is negative points). By the end of Mission  10, if Blue has +500 points or more, or if Red has -500 points or less, then that side wins, otherwise it’s a Draw.

Current Score: -303 (Soviet favor)

Example: Mission 1 score: Blue 500, Red 600; Mission 2 score: Blue 750, Red 250

Total: +400 (in Blue's favor)

(500-600)+(750-250)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No (unless sides are uneven or imbalanced), ideally teams should remain the same for all 10 scenarios (stay on the side you started on).
  • Random CO selection? No (unless no volunteers), ideally the same CO will CO all 10 scenarios, or someone else on the side will have to step up from mission to mission (rotate within the team).
  • Minimum # players: 8

NOTES:

• Moderators

Thanks for playing Mission 8. Two more remaining.

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

• US +326

Scenario 3

• US +800

Scenario 4

• US +1000

Scenario 5

• US +163

Scenario 6

• US +0

Scenario 7

• US +607

Scenario 8

• US +300
  • Soviet: -700

Total

• -703 (Soviet victory)

(By the end of Scenario 10, if Total is >= +500 then US wins, or if Total is <= -500 then Soviet wins, otherwise its a DRAW.)

• Moderators

09 APR 2021:

Firefight 79-S09-4259

(scenario is in the TS Lobby in case anyone wants to plan ahead -- remember to save as Map Graphics, not Plan, just in case the scenario changes before game time)

Points are compared week to week (Blue is positive points and Red is negative points). By the end of Mission  10, if Blue has +500 points or more, or if Red has -500 points or less, then that side wins, otherwise it’s a Draw.

Current Score: -703 (Soviet victory)

(500-600)+(750-250)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No (unless sides are uneven or imbalanced), ideally teams should remain the same for all 10 scenarios (stay on the side you started on).
  • Random CO selection? No (unless no volunteers), ideally the same CO will CO all 10 scenarios, or someone else on the side will have to step up from mission to mission (rotate within the team).

NOTES:

• Moderators

Thanks for playing Mission 9. One more remaining.

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

• US +326

Scenario 3

• US +800

Scenario 4

• US +1000

Scenario 5

• US +163

Scenario 6

• US +0

Scenario 7

• US +607

Scenario 8

• US +300
  • Soviet: -700

Scenario 9

• US +598
  • Soviet: -202

Total

• -307 (Draw, Soviet favor)

• Moderators

16 APR 2021:

Firefight 79-S10-4259

Current Score: -307 (Draw)

(500-600)+(750-250)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• This is the final scenario of the campaign.
  • Keep in mind that this is the first time playing the scenario - I went over it for many hours trying to make sure it has no errors and it *should be OK*, but being a never-before-played-scenario, you never know 100%. So, unlike the other FF scenarios #01-09 that have been played many times, this one might have rough edges that will be ironed out once its played through (the result will count, but obviously I will fix any issues noticed). 
  • I was generous with the mission time, being that it is both a new scenario and also a deliberate attack situation (an attack into a fortified area). My first instinct was 120 minutes, but I felt it was safer to make it 150 (but absolutely no more than that). After we play the scenario I will dial in the time limit (shorten it) based on how it plays out, if it turns out to be too much time.

NOTES:

Slightly off-topic, Rocky IV was probably the second-best of all of the Rocky movies (I is best, III is third-best, the rest are terrible) but one of the best of the "every eighties element" in one film.

-Slathered-on Anti-Soviet Jingoism mixed with 'Murica patriotism (and rightfully so)

-Multiple montages ("You need a montage" -- right Team America?) with great songs.  One was written by the same guy who did "You're the Best" from Karate Kid, so... a masterpiece.

-Annoying little kid saying bratty "cute" stuff

-Annoying robot... saying bratty "cute" stuff

-Stallone.  And Pauly!

-Happy ending and ending credits into the same awesome montage song

-James Brown

-Steroid use X3

Honestly, one of my favorite 1980s timepiece movies and a big pick-me-up movie.

And also, to this thread's topic:

25+ Best Drago You Will Lose Memes | Ivan Drago You Will Lose Memes, Ivan  Drago Meme Memes, Wed Memes

Edited by Valleyboy