TGIF: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

2 hours ago, DK-DDAM said:

que ? elaberate ?

I'm assuming that's a question for me?

If not, please disregard the following.

I made the assumption that TankHunter would be playing Red/Soviet Union/WP.

I then took the cartoon as the beginning of Psyops (Information Operations or "shaping" in our terms) directed at Blue/NATO that the hordes were about to come over the hill, that the challenge was too great, all is lost, ... etc.

• Moderators

1 OCT 2021:

MBT-S02-14-Lightning (FRG)-4265

NOTE: The scenarios can have long time limits in the MBT campaign (some up to 180 minutes), but scenarios will seldom play to the full time limit. We should try to limit planning to 30 minutes.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No, but by side if no CO is available.
  • Random CO selection? No. Any new players will go to the side that needs them at the moment.
  • Minimum # players: 8 (Red [4] vs Blue [4])

NOTES:

• Moderators

Scenario is now available for planning. I will try to get in there earlier each week, but like I said, at least it should always be there by Wednesday (a lot has to be looked over on these scenarios since its the first time we are playing them).

As usual, you can save the plan but the scenario might get updated if I find a bug - I am still looking over it. But hopefully it will not be updated before game time, but at the very least - although saving the plan is a gamble, at least always save your Overlay. 

NOTE: If multiple people are in involved in planning, then be sure that everyone who makes a map graphic or places a reference point must save their Overlay, since they own those things they created.

• Moderators

Thanks for playing scenario 2. 7 more remaining.

That scenario is probably the most unconventional of the 9, as far as pacing goes.

Here are the results + awards... 

MBT 87-21

MBT_score.thumb.png.68e4a0f295d2f43226be04a34a5d91e5.png

Notes:

1. I did make some scenario adjustments for "next time" - the reinforcement time window for both sides has been narrowed by -10 minutes (60-100, instead of 60-110; 110 being excessive). 

2. Also, I was mistaken (when asked) when I said that one side could get reinforcements at 60 minutes, and the other could get them at 110 minutes (now 100 minutes). Actually it was already built in where the max difference between both side's reinforcements was only ever +15 minutes (it was NOT possible for 50 minutes between).  So that is good, I guess I already thought of it being a bad thing (balance wise) if it happened - and also because I didn't add in point differences for that from the original material (Zero). I put this in the briefing notes now.

• Moderators

8 OCT 2021:

MBT-S03-03-The Gap-4265i

NOTE: The scenarios can have long time limits in the MBT campaign (some up to 180 minutes), but scenarios will seldom play to the full time limit. We should try to limit planning to 30 minutes.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Random CO selection? No. Any new players will go to the side that needs them at the moment.

NOTES:

• Moderators

The scenario is available for everyone's planning pleasures, in the SB Lobby in TS.

I have looked it over backwards and forwards for days. It should be all good to go with no changes planned, but you know how that goes.....  

Also, I had to update the map for the 8th scenario, so I went ahead and made all the scenarios use that new map to get it over with (so everyone will have to download the map again at or before game time -- by loading the scenario at or before game time and SB will get the map automatically). 

Finally, one thing I want to do each time we meet for the game is to make everyone aware of who is CO'ing each side, for record purposes (Sean's fancy list and campaign records), and also so the other side might be able to perhaps assume CO'ing style on the other side. I forgot to do that last week, so please remind if I forget again. 😑

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Volcano said:

The scenario is available for everyone's planning pleasures, in the SB Lobby in TS.

I have looked it over backwards and forwards for days. It should be all good to go with no changes planned, but you know how that goes.....  

Eh, false start. Had to update the scenario just now to "MBT-S03-03-The Gap-4265i". Soviets had too many mine plows than they were supposed to, and corrected some important typos in the briefing. 🤔

• Moderators

15 OCT 2021:

MBT-S04-15-Advance (FRG)-4265b

(I will announce when the scenario is uploaded and available for planning)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

NOTES: