TGIF: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

22 OCT 2021:

MBT-S05-04-Breakthrough-4267

(I will announce when the scenario is uploaded and available for planning)

NOTE: The scenarios can have long time limits in the MBT campaign (some up to 180 minutes), but scenarios will seldom play to the full time limit. We should try to limit planning to 30 minutes.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No, but by side if no CO is available.
  • Random CO selection? No. Any new players will go to the side that needs them at the moment.
  • Minimum # players: 8 (Red [4] vs Blue [4])

NOTES:

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, scenario is now uploaded in TS Lobby for you planning enjoyment. 

Blue RFI time:

1. The trace talks about Red potentially deploying forward of "the river" at mission start - which river? The Osterseen or the Langlecht?

2. Does the AEV create vehicle positions in "realistic" or "accelerated" time?

• Moderators

1. Ah, if you mean the text/note on the map, I meant to say - Red may deploy right ON the river, on the other side of their red line (FLET - Forward Line of Enemy Troops) -- essentially that the enemy may be right there, right on the bank of the river if they choose to, but not past (NW) of that line; not in Blue territory or in the neutral zone or anything like that. 

2. Realistic time I believe, given the more realistic length of the scenario (as opposed to typical TGIF scenarios).

(Hopefully that is answers the question, or if I am confused then please ask again)

• Moderators

One correction to the briefing, visibility is 5000m, not 4000m. I will fix this for "next time" and I also noted the AEV construction time in the briefing, but will not update the scenario for this TGIF (I will try to avoid updating the scenario from here unless some major bug is noticed). 

58 minutes ago, Volcano said:

1. Ah, if you mean the text/note on the map, I meant to say - Red may deploy right ON the river, on the other side of their red line (FLET - Forward Line of Enemy Troops) -- essentially that the enemy may be right there, right on the bank of the river if they choose to, but not past (NW) of that line; not in Blue territory or in the neutral zone or anything like that.

Yes the text on the map.

Given your comment about the FLET, I'll assume "the river" = The Osterseen R (the southern most river), given that the Langlecht R is up near Bridge 1, Bridge 2 and Charlie 5.

• Moderators

Whoops, I noticed that the Soviets do not have any HEAT rounds on their tanks. I will fix that and check all the upcoming scenarios for that error (previous scenarios were fine), and update the scenario later today.

I am only saying it now so no one makes a huge plan (other than map overlays). I will post when it is updated this evening...

• Moderators

29 OCT 2021:

MBT-S06-25-Op Market (BAOR)-4265a

(I will announce when the scenario is uploaded and available for planning)

NOTE: The scenarios can have long time limits in the MBT campaign (some up to 180 minutes), but scenarios will seldom play to the full time limit. We should try to limit planning to 30 minutes.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No, but by side if no CO is available.
  • Random CO selection? No. Any new players will go to the side that needs them at the moment.
  • Minimum # players: 8 (Red [4] vs Blue [4])

NOTES: