TGIF: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

• Moderators

Actually, I just uploaded the scenario again, updated, now "MBT-S08-26-Power Strike (BAOR)-4267".

I noticed 1x Scimitar missing from NATO side, and corrected the RPG type. Also corrected all the known errors in the briefings and removed that erroneous red "X" on the map.

If any other errors in the briefing are noticed then let me know. 👌

• Moderators

Hate to update the scenario again (Red had a saved plan after all), but I noticed that several of the bridge demo events didn't work properly -- both sides had broken ones.

I will fix that later today and update the scenario (at least several hours before TGIF, so there should be plenty of time to plan. I will post again here when it is uploaded (it will be MBT-S08-26-Power Strike (BAOR)-4267a).

• Moderators

Thanks for playing scenario 8.

1 more remaining. Blue did well and Red again had quite a bit of bad luck that we can't seem to shake. Red had to be aggressive with the plan to grab enough points to keep it within a draw, but it just didn't pan out. Still, it was a good attempt by all to keep it close.

In any case, Blue basically has a guaranteed win at this point, but let's play the last scenario to see how it goes, especially for scenario feedback purposes, and to get the final score (at least now there isn't much pressure on Red anymore, at least). 

Here are the results + awards...   

(the table is now so large that I can't fit it on the screen, so I am only showing the last scenario and the total now)

MBT 87-21

MBT_08.thumb.png.b51b46272120fae84b338c3806d2b9c6.png

15 hours ago, Volcano said:

Now now, there is a fine line between good natured ribbing and being arrogant in victory. Let's not cross that line, especially seeing how I know some on Blue wouldn't be in high spirits if it were the other way around. 

Ah sorry it wasn't meant as anything serious, nor directed at anyone in particular, just more in the vein of previously posted images in this thread.

If it causes concern, happy to delete it.

It's been a great campaign so far (and not just because we won some).  Lots of fun, a good tactical mix and a good opportunity for those of us who played Red last time to see what Blue's side of things looks like.  Also a good chance to team up with some folks who aren't on my usual team in past months.

• Moderators

19 NOV 2021:

MBT-S09-07-Head-to-Head-4265a

(I will announce when the scenario is uploaded and available for planning)

NOTE: The scenarios can have long time limits in the MBT campaign (some up to 180 minutes), but scenarios will seldom play to the full time limit. We should try to limit planning to 30 minutes.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No, but by side if no CO is available.
  • Random CO selection? No. Any new players will go to the side that needs them at the moment.
  • Minimum # players: 8 (Red [4] vs Blue [4])

NOTES:

• Moderators

Actually, it didn't take as long as I thought to look over the scenario. Seems to be good to go and is uploaded now if anyone is interested. Not much planning can probably be done though, given the situation (randomized meeting engagement with no 3D view in the center). But in any case, its available. 

• Moderators

Had to update the scenario just now to MBT-S09-07-Head-to-Head-4268. Had to fix some events, the artillery, and added an important note to the Scenario Notes section on both sides. Since a saved plan isn't that important in this mission (given the random spawns), then I think its OK to update so soon before the game.

• Moderators

Thanks for playing scenario 9.

The battle was very close, the only point difference between both sides was 20 points(!), which actually made it to the closest fought scenario of the entire campaign (second closest battle was a difference of 149 points). 

That concludes the campaign in a NATO Victory.

If you desire it, for fun and totally pleasant memories, the campaign participation ribbon is here:

MBT87-21.png.35bda93d057fb7bd6b6514de389070c1.png

(or you can find it on the MBT-21 page below)

Here are the results + awards...   

(the table is now so large that I can't fit it on the screen, so I am only showing the final scenario and total)

MBT 87-21

MBT-87_S9.thumb.png.41544581b948c2794054c5be23ed1879.png

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was intended as a test of endurance. If you made it to the end, you passed! Congrats! 🤝 🍹

As I mentioned, this campaign was a test to see how it played (not bad for being a complete estimate all around) so I would get enough information to be able to adjust it for the better. I gathered a lot of data that will help with that.

The main change of course being something I already mentioned: there will be NATO attack type scenarios added. The 1st and last mission will always be the same, but 7 missions in between will be directly determined by who had the most points in the previous mission (the side with the most points in the previous mission will be attacking in the next mission). That will be quite fun I think, as it will place the strain on the side that is gaining points to keep attacking. I like that idea to help dynamically mix things up. 😎

Besides that, the normal tweaks and corrections to various scenarios and map, along with fixing any normal screw ups that I madeAlso, the Awards system will be improved. It worked well as a complete guess, but the thresholds for the awards will be adjusted based on the info gathered.

Thanks!

That was a lot of fun.  Toward the end, red had a series of bad breaks that went blues way, and blue played well enough to take advantage.    A lot of good ideas in this campaign, and some things learned that will make the next one Volcano runs even better.

Thanks to Volcano for putting in the work, giving us something new to play.  

1 hour ago, RogueSnake79 said:

That was a lot of fun.

Agreed. Hear Hear.

1 hour ago, RogueSnake79 said:

Thanks to Volcano for putting in the work, giving us something new to play.  

Again agreed. Its a thankless job and I guess if both sides had complaints it was pretty balanced!

Also thanks to Tankhunter for providing some more pictures for the closing slide deck. 

• Moderators

26 NOV 2021:

Brush Fire-Town Dispute-UN-4268-MAD

If we don't have enough then we will do something smaller.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.
  • Minimum # players: 10-12 (4-5 vs 4-5 vs 2-3)

NOTES: