Sign in to follow this  
Michael Ramsey

Cannot open the execution file [IN PROGRESS]

Everything went well with the downloads as per the release notes.  However after install from my common desk top folder,  the execution cmd in the SBproPE folder in my release folder is not the M1 Icon but one that looks like a computer screen.  When I click on it the pc tells me "windows cannot the specific device, path or file. You may not have the right permissions"  I checked the codemeter to see if the licences were on it but there are no files, HELP!

Posted (edited)

I have tried many times but no matter what I cannot open the execution file.  C:\esimgames\SBProPE\Release (at this point I can see the folder but the icon is not of a tank but an application page.  Once I click on it I get a message " "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.  You may
>> not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."  

Running Windows 7

Edited by Michael Ramsey

Does this mean you got beyond the "Insert Disk 1" issue:

Also you have another post with the exact same subject.

Which of the three posts is the one we should focus on?

Would it be possible for you to upload a screenshot of your 'Release' folder, showing the 'wrong' icon and details like file size etc? Right now my suspicion would be some kind of antivirus software 'quarantining' the SB executable..