Unable to get Fire Support [RESOLVED INVALID]

Brakefan

I have recently managed to convert the map for one of my favourite scenarios "Battle of the Beasts" to work in 4.162.

Everything was fine until my FO team spotted a platoon of BMPs. I opened the Support tab and clicked Artillery and the fire request window popped up. I inserted the details, HE, 6 tubes etc. and Fire When Ready, Send.

The splash window came up with Slash in 3.00 as normal and counted down. Then nothing happened ! Well not quite nothing, I think I could hear the fire mission but it sounded a long way off (may have been an enemy fire mission).

When I played the scenario in previous versions off map artillery was available and arrived on time and in the right place.

How can I check that the Artillery request dialog has not been corrupted ?

First of all, was this issue observed  in the map view, or it was in the some 3D view(F8 view, unbuttoned TC's view,  sight  view etc)? Then, if it was in the map view, and your realism settings are 'High', then it's perfectly normal not see  red  arty barrage box,   because  arty  barrages and their labels are intentionally not displayed anymore on the map in offline or network session if realism is high(exception is the test mode of the Mission Editor).

And  if you were unable to observe arty impacts in 3D view, then something else may be involved, but I cannot reproduce this problem(including manually typing-in target coordinates). E.g. in this case  some  extra investigation  may be required.

Thanks for the reply Jartsev.

It was in the 3D view and the realism settings on High, so no red boxes on the map.

I was observing from the FO position, F7 and then F2, but no artillery landed and the enemy BMPs were not effected.

I think that somehow on the scenario conversion the Off Map Artillery may have got left behind.

How could I check, and reinstate if necessary, in the scenario editor as this is the first time I have used the editor?

7 minutes ago, Brakefan said:

Thanks for the reply Jartsev.

It was in the 3D view and the realism settings on High, so no red boxes on the map.

I was observing from the FO position, F7 and then F2, but no artillery landed and the enemy BMPs were not effected.

I think that somehow on the scenario conversion the Off Map Artillery may have got left behind.

How could I check, and reinstate if necessary, in the scenario editor as this is the first time I have used the editor?

So...  This one 

... is the original scenario, right?

I made a conversion myself,  and after this  checked available support options  for the blue side(Mission Editor> Options>Support); they appear to be not affected by conversion- 9 batteries  of  9 tubes each, 81 tubes total with unlimited supply of ammunition,  so we can rule out possibility of changes there during  conversion process.

Then I made a few test runs  with  typing-in coordinates manually and using  LRF data- arty barrages seems to fall on to intended targets. 

All this brings another question- do you see the problem repeatedly, and  are you sure, that entered coordinates were correct? The tricky thing here, that aside of very trivial typo during filling the  call-for-fire form, coordinates  reported  by AI may be wrong or belong to target spotted somewhere else.

Yes that's the one.

I'm going to try the scenario again later today when the wife has gone out.

I only used the LRF data from the FOs position so I did not manually type them in. It happened repeatedly in the one time I played.

Thanks for your help and I will report back later If it was a one off glitch or not.

2 minutes ago, Brakefan said:

Yes that's the one.

I'm going to try the scenario again later today when the wife has gone out.

I only used the LRF data from the FOs position so I did not manually type them in. It happened repeatedly in the one time I played.

Thanks for your help and I will report back later If it was a one off glitch or not.

Also,  can you provide your copy of  converted scenario and map package? This can be very handy.

Right... Okay....apologies all round....beers on me.

I have just played it again and have realised that I made a fatal error.

I forgot to right click the mouse when using the LRF. This of course gives a range of ZERO, so I can only assume that the off map artillery blew them selves away with the first salvo.

(Hangs head in shame). My apologies again and thank you for your assistance.

So sorry.

Steve

1 hour ago, Brakefan said:

Right... Okay....apologies all round....beers on me.

I have just played it again and have realised that I made a fatal error.

I forgot to right click the mouse when using the LRF. This of course gives a range of ZERO, so I can only assume that the off map artillery blew them selves away with the first salvo.

(Hangs head in shame). My apologies again and thank you for your assistance.

So sorry.

Steve

Yay! Resolved...

Well, at least you didn't  dropped  ordnance on your own position, how it happens in real life  from time to time ;)