Help how to get started

73A

Hello

Just down loaded it,and went to single scenario and   its asking  for maps and that ,l am not that strong with computer used to just pressing start.

Can some one give me a simply how to sort me out.

• 73A changed the title to Help how to get started
5 minutes ago, 73A said:

Hello

Just down loaded it,and went to single scenario and   its asking  for maps and that ,l am not that strong with computer used to just pressing start.

Can some one give me a simply how to sort me out.

Well there are threads here:

and here:

https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

About suggested way to learn how to play.

Is that your question, or is it more along the lines of installing the software?

If you have never owned the product before, the best option is to follow the sequence on the download page:

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

1. Download and install the map package.

2. Download and install the map tools.

3. Download and install the legacy map package.

4. Download and install the actual application (parts 1 to 6).

Get the software installed and running before you go to the "downloads" section and get random scenarios that may or may not work.

Edited by Gibsonm

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have installed it,but l do have a high end computer but l put the graphics right up to the end on setting ,but now l cannot scroll down with the mouse ,reinstalled and the setting go straight to the high end of the setting,and can not do anything with it?

Any idea what to do?

1) It's very strange  that you are unable to change settings manually. Please try access them not during playing the scenario, but  by clicking 'Options' entry of SB's main menu. "Options' menu, aside of other things provides access to terrain details distance and  graphics settings. Open respective entries and try to reset changes you made by clicking 'Default' buttons there.

2) If said above doesn't help, please try to launch Steel Beasts in the safe mode, which should reset terrain details  distance settings and graphics settings to their default values. In order to do this, click 'Start' menu and  locate 'eSim Games'  folder there and expand it; then, in 'eSim Games' folder  find  another folder called 'Troubleshooting' and open it;  find there  'Steel Beasts Pro PE(Safe mode)'  shortcut and  use it to launch  SB.

Alternatively you can  find mentioned shortcut by navigating to C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\debug