WW2 tanks, Sherman and T-34?

MisterCommander

23 minutes ago, MisterCommander said:

Is it possible to use and crew tanks from WW2 such as the Sherman and the T-34?

As Grenny has stated  

No WW2 vehicles in the SB Stable but you can use proxies by disabling more modern feature like the fire control via the editor

I personally use the Leo-2A4 as a tiger and the T-55 as a T-34/85. 

Edited by Marko

If looking for WWII tanks, keep an eye on IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Prokarovka Still in development but is promising.

WWII is never a direction Steel Beasts is going other than a bit of early cold war crossover with the likes of the Centurion. 

I hold out hope for a late model T-34-85M as this was (and still is) fielded by some nations well after the War but it is a very slight hope.

16 hours ago, hoggydog said:

If looking for WWII tanks, keep an eye on IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Prokarovka Still in development but is promising.

WWII is never a direction Steel Beasts is going other than a bit of early cold war crossover with the likes of the Centurion. 

I hold out hope for a late model T-34-85M as this was (and still is) fielded by some nations well after the War but it is a very slight hope.

Il2 Tank Crew is pretty weak.  It's arcadish and doesn't allow direct turret control with a joystick.  Nothing is authentic, I wish I hadn't bought it.  I love their aircraft though :)

Not related to WW2, but more about content in general.  I would love it if we got either individual vehicles or vehicle packs.  The vehicles don't even have to be playable.  I would be happy just to have AI vehicles to build out some scenarios. 

For example, a vehicle pack for 1967 Arab-Israeli war that might include modernized Shermans, M48s, T-10s, M3 halftracks, and T-34/85s that would be something I'd buy.  I would even buy individual vehicles.  I don't think MP would be an issue as long as care is taken when building scenarios not to include new vehicles or make sure its clear which vehicles are being used.  Combat Mission has done a good job of managing it so it is doable.  I suspect the main issue would be the effort to develop vs. the limited number of people will to buy vehicles or packs.

Just a thought from my perspective.