Request: VIZMOD

Apocalypse 31

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I'm all for it, but so many tanks, so little time.

pwettypwease.thumb.png.b9a34dbd3c2de17e485c5aefdf48ad3f.png

... But all shits and giggles aside, then I hear you, and no gripes about it. It is what it is.

You have never heard or seen me actually complain. What I do have is a suggestion, which I feel have merit and a basis in an actual need. Sure I want an updated Russian BUILT tank which has Thermals AND have a gunners position.

Because these - and Chinese made ones - is the threat matrix that our armies are facing, along with a sprinkling of other vehicles which aside from the modern CONTROLLABLE Russian tanks, are already in game.

I mean we have a skin of the T-72M4CZ, which looks cool and is a the best present non-controllable OPFOR substitute for the T-72B3. But it was only ever produced to a total number of 30.

So it is what it is.

But the numbers of operational T-80´s are sharply falling as opposed to the numbers of upgraded T-72´s, so I do not care what someone might say, I would rather have a grey box interior T-72B3 with thermals and a updated Gunnery sight than a perfect one in 5 years.

You know where I am coming from and how many sessions and activities I am involved in.

But end of the day, then you are the Directeur and the buck stops with you. And Leadership decisions at some stage needs to be executed and not questioned.

But all I am asking is that you take my input into your overall palette of assignments and priorities, because its not just some sudden urge or spur of the moment. 

1642123398_pwettypwease2.jpg.7786158a763a193b81833a7cb17ff0ec.jpg

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Are you a good C++ programmer seeking a position at eSim Games?

No I am not and nor do I have any plans of becoming one.

But on the other hand, then I do not need your money, so I work Pro Bono.
And I have a substantial skill set in other directions.

If you have any actual questions or inputs to the latter, then send me a PM.

Either way, then have a nice day.

Edited by Nike-Ajax

• Members

Like I wrote, we're not working on this not because we wouldn't want to or don't see the necessity. But I also have to think in terms of keeping SB Pro a viable product for the time after DirectX 9. We squeezed out of the old render engine what we could with version 4.1, we added the new terrain engine after I took over as the managing director. Now that these first steps are complete we need to make sure that the very foundation on which everything is built doesn't get whacked away from under our feet.

After that we'll have time to work on the fun things again.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

A year later... Is there any way this could be something we get in the PE?

No.

Why?

On 1/15/2020 at 7:16 AM, Ssnake said:

The classroom version has a "tank masking" option that does what you're asking for; I see no other way to achieve it. Simple texture manipulation alone can't change the differences in shape.

Unless of course you want to buy the classroom version?

On 6/11/2021 at 2:32 AM, Ssnake said:

Of course we have considered it, but we decided against it. That's not to say that we're ignoring the request that started this thread.

The better solution would be a somewhat "correct" version of a modern OPFOR vehicle anyway.  😉