Fulda Gap.Hgt

Maj.Hans

With the new upgrade it looks like I have a bunch of maps that I don't have the Terrain and Height maps for, and this is one of them that used over and over again.

Does anyone have the old Fulda Gap .hgt map and if so can they please upload it here?

@Ssnake - I did download and install the legacy maps package but it seems to be missing some stuff.

ETA: Something else might be going on here...Most of my old scenarios are opening up just fine but every now and then I get one that wants more files...But the files are there...

Edited by Maj.Hans

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much Ssnake,

I've checked out and downloaded the ones of your links.

When loading a scenario made for the map I posted above, I see this message:

Don't know where to find these files....and if it could be possible ( and how..) to "import" this map in 4.1XX

Screen Shot 03-30-20 at 12.12 PM.JPG

• Members

Well, I can't help you with files that you don't have, obviously. Other than that, you may find this thread helpful:

Not covered in that thread is the super-special case where you have a scenario with embedded map data, but not the original map files. In that case it's possible in principle to extrac both a TER and a HGT file from the scenario, which you could then convert into a 4.1 map package. To do so, and I'm working from memory here and may be wrong, open the (blank) Mission Editor. Then use the file menu to open the scenario in question, which will alert you (as already seen) that no matching map package could be found. I think it will offer you at that point to extract the TER and HGT file. You would then open the default map in the Map Editor, and go to the file menu to generate a "Map Package from TER". When that is done you can open the scenario in the Mission Editor, and when prompted about the absence of a suitable map package, click the button to "replace map" and then point to the new map package.

It's much more preferable to find the original map files. But if you can't and if the height map is embedded in your scenario (and only then!), this is at least "something" that you can do.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, Maj.Hans said:

Does anyone have the old Fulda Gap .hgt map and if so can they please upload it here?

Just in case it helps ...

This is from my "eSim Games - 4023 Backup 15JUN19" folder so pre 4.1x

But subsequent posts seemed to go away from this.

Edited by Gibsonm
Map removed to save space - no one seemd to want it anyway, despite asking for it.