help with 4.162 install

peter winship

Sorry about this no doubt stupid question. I'm on 4.161 and want to upgrade to 4.162.  I read page 3 of the release notes and just want to be clear about what I have to redo and what I can leave.  I run the uninstaller first. Then I have to reinstall the map packages using a newly downloaded map package installer? I mean - I have to download all the maps again? Or can I use the map package installer I downloaded and kept last time round for 4.161? Or do the maps not get uninstalled at all when I run the uninstall? Is it just the program that's new (4.162) or are there new things in the map package installer too that I would miss out on if I don't re-download all the maps from scratch?  Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

so the map installer you are referring to is at the top of this page: https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

the 10 files Maps Installer Part 1A - Maps Installer Executable 

I believe the message "insert disk 1" means that one or more of the files did not download correctly.

• Members

If I come across as less helpful, I'm sorry. I'm currently out of office so I have only little time to devote to customer support right now, and at the same time your case sounds very mysterious, so I'm not even sure what to advise unless I have a full appreciation of the situation.

• Members

Can you make a few screenshots maybe (Win+Print creates a screenshot in your "My Pictures\Screenshots" folder), and then load them up to some picture website, and then send me the links by email?

- of the folder into which you downloaded the installation files

- of the error message that pops up

I found the ticket "to make it easier to find it should be highlighted " now how do I enable java??? Disregard...I called Geek Squad and it took them 10 minuted to make it work with the temp license...Now where do I get the full license??

Edited by delta6

• Members

The same way, once that you receive the CM stick by mail. If you have the stick already, plug it in, visit the same ticket page, and select the picture of the CM stick on the right. This will let you then activate the license, provided you're NOT using MS Edge as the browser.