"Fire Ctrl"-function broken?

112TYR

You know you can do that with one target 'set' and two routes with 'jump to end if...' condition for the first leg?

Stops simple people like me getting confused ;) Cos the units are all T80U or BRDM2AT.

Of course doesn't help if you want 1/A to spawn in, but sometimes be T72s and sometime T80s.

In that case I beat it the last time :)

You know you can do that with one target 'set' and two routes with 'jump to end if...' condition for the first leg?

Stops simple people like me getting confused ;) Cos the units are all T80U or BRDM2AT.

Of course doesn't help if you want 1/A to spawn in, but sometimes be T72s and sometime T80s.

In that case I beat it the last time :)

No, I did not know that. In fact, I don't think I quite understand what you're saying here. Could you please explain it?

You place the unit that needs to be spawned in an out-of-the way place (can be off map for example).

you place the desired spawn locations as checkpoints and then set routes etc as required for them, then attach the spawning units to the first waypoints with a 'move to end if...' condition. They will then 'appear' at their first destination waypoint and proceed from there. This only works for the first waypoint though.

You place the unit that needs to be spawned in an out-of-the way place (can be off map for example).

you place the desired spawn locations as checkpoints and then set routes etc as required for them, then attach the spawning units to the first waypoints with a 'move to end if...' condition. They will then 'appear' at their first destination waypoint and proceed from there. This only works for the first waypoint though.

Wow...thanks! This'll actually help a lot, my maps usually end up like a mess, due to all the targets cluttering the map.

• Moderators
...then attach the spawning units to the first waypoints with a 'move to end if...' condition. They will then 'appear' at their first destination waypoint and proceed from there. This only works for the first waypoint though.

Just a small correction, I think you mean to say "Jump to end if..." condition on the first route.

• Members

Well, I guess the Delay function simply doesn't work with fire control conditions. Maybe you should reference a global condition instead, e.g. create a Blue condition Mjølnir "Unit X can see > N AFVs in region Z" and then set the fire control condition to "Open fire, if... Blue condition Mjølnir is true for at least 12 sec".

Well, I guess the Delay function simply doesn't work with fire control conditions. Maybe you should reference a global condition instead, e.g. create a Blue condition Mjølnir "Unit X can see > N AFVs in region Z" and then set the fire control condition to "Open fire, if... Blue condition Mjølnir is true for at least 12 sec".

Thanks, will try!

Is this a function added in an upgrade? Because I can't use the "for at least"-part in Fire Ctrl or conditions, I can only use it to create an event, which would work only for the first tanks.

In your screenshot of your "Open Fire If" options, you should be able to chose the second line where it has "Blue Event BLANK is true" greyed out. Select that, and then click on "Event" which should then change to "Condition" which should give you the "for at least" option for time.

If your version doesn't have that option, then there isn't much hope coming up with a solution. I don't know what options you have open to you in the mission editor.

• Members
Is this a function added in an upgrade? Because I can't use the "for at least"-part in Fire Ctrl or conditions, I can only use it to create an event, which would work only for the first tanks.

Could well be the case. I have a hard time memorizing all the many changes, there's a constant stream of improvements.

Copy....I'll have to find a workaround, then.

Hopefully our DLO will decide to buy SB PRO soon - according to them, we can't upgrade the licences we have now because the decision to buy SB PRO has not yet been taken. They've been working on that decision since 2002, so I'm sort of hoping they'll get around to it soon....

I'll actually be giving a small presentation about gunnery training at the annual tank conference in january, and I'm pretty sure DLO will be there. I've already included a bit about SB PRO, but I'll be sure to stress the need for a speedy decision...hopefully, the message will get through to some higher ranking officers.