How to make TOS-1 fire?

solus

Any suggestions how to make TOS-1 fire? I noticed that if I choose Suppress in the Tactics it starts firing around in chaotic mode. 

BM-21 grad can be ordered to fire with the help of FO team, but TOS-1 seems to unable to do that.

I would like to understand how to make it fire at the point or the unit, and  script the on map artillery fire.

Edited by solus

TOS-1 is chemical warfare(flame) line-of-sight weapon system; its use  for indirect fires is a bit of exception in real life, judging by available documentation for relevant russian gunnery trainer... Basically, it's a replacement of flamethrower tank, which has a very long reach. So, TOS in SB is direct- or semi-direct fire weapon, and to control it's fires you should use 'Suppress here' and 'Hold fire' commands, or to rely on to AI.

• Members

The best method is to use the overhead view (F8, then F8 again) - if available in a given scenario - then to move from the TOS unit to the target area, and then to use the "suppress here" command (followed by a "hold fire" command soon after) to let them rip a missile or two. If you're forced to do this from the TOS unit's observer position, the accuracy is usually not very satisfactory due to the (lack of) accuracy in mouse pointer positioning (where a one pixel vertical deviation can result in a depth error of 50 or 100 meters)