UAV Countermeasures

ChuikovChambered

A 1.6kg fragmentation warhead, with a secondary HEAT capability for use against 'armoured helicopters'? (For the uprated Mk2 warhead).

I don't have figures for the armour penetration of this weapon, but I doubt that it is useful enough to engage a tank reliably, or to deal with a (recent) frontal IFV target either for that matter.

Even though the RBS70 isn't specifically designed to engage armoured targets, doing so would still be realistic IMHO. So what if the chances of severly damaging or destroying an armoured target is low, it's still better to take the shot, then do nothing. At the very least it'll give the crew something to worry about.

I think what Ssnake is trying to say is that:

If the RBS in SB was enabled to shoot ground vehicles, the coding would have the crew ignore the helicopter they can kill.

And engage the T80 rumbling sedately past them on the other side of the hill and into the sights of say, a Javelin team, which as we all know will have a T80 for lunch.

Is this correct, Nils?