Cut the map?

solus

After almost completing the scenario I'm working on right now, I realized that the map area I used is much bigger then I actually need

I tried to pick up the same map and cut off the smaller size, but it's close to impossible to duplicate all the routs exactly to the new part of the map. PC makes it automatically but it doesn't match.

Is there a way to cut the part of the map in the already existing scenario?

6 hours ago, solus said:

After almost completing the scenario I'm working on right now, I realized that the map area I used is much bigger then I actually need

I tried to pick up the same map and cut off the smaller size, but it's close to impossible to duplicate all the routs exactly to the new part of the map. PC makes it automatically but it doesn't match.

You can 'pick map' and select a smaller area for the existing scenario. Before you do so, create a few of reference points and name them after their respective grid coordinates. Do this for every side (own, allies, enemies, neutrals), so after you import the new map area, you can select everything and move until your ref points match their coordinates. Do this for every sides.

I find it easy to put the ref points at grid vertices so when you move everything, you can do it visually.

• Members
On 2/21/2020 at 6:51 AM, solus said:

In step 1, I'd create a custom line to mark an easily identifiable crossroad on the map or some other significant point. Then copy that custom line to all other parties.

Next, I'd use the "replace map" function and then pick the same map, just with a smaller boundary.

Then, if there is a coordinate shift, zoom out and use the lasso function to mark everything. Zoom in to the custom X that you created, and move it (and all the other selected units, routes, waypoints and regions) to match the significant point in the terrain, so that everything should be lined up just nicely again. Repeat for all other parties in the scenario.