is SB my new sim

bravo

hi all,

forgive me if im in the wrong forum, but looking for advise reg. SB.

ive been looking for a serious tanksim for a long time. been looking at SB before, and keeps coming back to it.

if I would like to buy it, for homeuse, single user, what will i need.

I can see, there are dif versions, and licensemanagement.

what do I need, to be up and running?

Brian

Denmark

To try SB  you need to..  to download all the necessary things to run the sim. 

All the map parts. Yes all  these you install one time only. These are separate thing but sim needs these to work.

SB Pro PE Maps Installer – to install, download all the archives below to the same folder, along with the maps installer executable.  Then run the maps installer executable once all the files have finished downloading,.

Maps Installer Part 1A

Maps Installer Part 1B

Maps Installer Part 1C

Maps Installer Part 2A

Maps Installer Part 2B

Maps Installer Part 2C

Maps Installer Part 3A

Maps Installer Part 3B

Maps Installer Part 3C

Maps Installer Executable

Install actual sim.

SB Pro PE 4.162 Installer

The RELEASE NOTES are available.

Download each part below, and once all downloads are complete, double click the part 1 exe to start the install process.  Please ensure you have uninstalled previous versions of SB Pro PE first.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

If you just want to try it out. You would need to buy a time limited licence.   Or ask  someone to loan you licence temporarily  (That person needs to be online for it to work. I can do that and many others too I am sure.)

If you want the sim.  Then either go for 1 Year SB Pro PE Time-Limited License.  Or buy Steel Beasts Pro PE Classic License

Before you ask.. as I understand it. Simulation is in small pieces that those can fit to cd/dvd  and more easy to download on places with terrible interned connections.    Not convenient but manageable.  Updates usually come in convenient form of small patch that is downloaded separately and have own installer. 

Also future updates to maps  works that you download  

SB Pro Maps Download Manager

This tool is used to get maps from the eSimGames map server.  If you have any previous versions installed, please uninstall them before installing V19.

SB Pro Map Tools v19

And (as I have understood it) with new map ID given or found from forums you download map you are looking for that didn't come with base package.

This map tools part is not necessary for testing though, only if you want to play new missions that use map that you do not already have.  

• Members
3 hours ago, bravo said:

forgive me if im in the wrong forum, but looking for advise reg. SB.

This is the perfect place to ask such questions!

if I would like to buy it, for homeuse, single user, what will i need.

I can see, there are dif versions, and licensemanagement.

what do I need, to be up and running?

As mentioned above, the needed files for installation can be found on the Downloads page of the eSim Games homepage. Note that the Release notes contain a step-by-step instruction for the installation and license activation.

Speaking of the latter, when it comes to deciding which license is best, we created this help thread that describes the advantages of the different options.

This may be helpful to you.  

If possible. I recommend you to join to Kanium's multiplayer session.  There are many people from Denmark I believe.  And I am in understanding that they have game later today.

Also I would follow this topic on the forums

7 hours ago, bravo said:

hi all,

thanks for the inputs.

will look into it all, watch some videos.

guess I will start with 1 month, and see how that goes

Just join any of the sessions for some MP action:

Such as @Gibsonm and BGANZACs On thursdays.

Or TGIF (but the times are pretty punishing when you live in Viking Time zones) if you want H2H and PvP (so maybe later?)

Or Kaniums Sunday sessions - and yea we are a few Danes there among others.

Dont be shy - we all started where you are. You cant make any mistakes that the rest of us havent done at least a few times already.

We have one tonight at 2000 viking time, and we have room for you.

Edited by Nike-Ajax