Map Loading Error [FIXED]

Hedgehog

Hello

SB is on the fritz

I'm trying to load the Tank Range (Sho't Kal) and it can't load, spits an error message at me for less tha a 1/4 sec and then closes the program.

If it helps my PC had a System Error Notification Service Issue that had just been fixed.

But there is no CTD dump log.

Tony said to get a programmer to look at this one.

DebugLog.txt

• Members

Please start Steel Beasts in debug mode (there's an icon for that in the .\Troubleshooting folder), and send us the resulting log file. This one isn't much of help. Also, it would be interesting to know afterwards if you can start Steel Beasts in safe mode.

• Members

Thanks. Hm.

[14:26:51,686]	CGame TRACE: ReadScenarioFile 'C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\Scenarios\z_Reseved\range\Sho't Kal.sce'
[14:26:51,707]	CGame DEBUG: Loading custom actors from 'C:/ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages\hmap [autocreated base]\actors'.
[14:28:07,264]	CLandscape ERROR: FAILED: CLandscape::InvalidateAndRestoreMapDeviceObjects
[14:28:07,777]	CGame INFO : Error loading the scenario!
		It may be incompatible or its artwork (map) resources may be missing.

These seem to be the salient entries. The question is, does Steel Beasts always fail to load scenarios, or only this one. If it's this specific scenario file the source of trouble would most likely be connected to the scenario itself, or to the map package.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Ssnake said:

The question is, does Steel Beasts always fail to load scenarios, or only this one.

Well.

Every scenario I have tried so far has failed to load with the same error.

I have picked scenarios that I know use a different map,

I have used different "User profiles",

I have setup a new Admin account (Something weird was going on with the old one),

I have done a full reinstall,

I have installed the patch and the map tools.

To no avail.

About the only thing I have not done is reinstall the 17GB of map data.

Which is probably what I'm going to have to do next.

DebugLog.txt DebugLog_0.txt DebugLog_1.txt

• Members

Please don't. We want a chance to analyze the problem. If you reinstall everything, this might destroy what we need to find out what went wrong. I've passed on your case to the programmers, they will post in this thread to ask additional questions and, hopefully, to give advice.

The fact that none of you scenarios loads indicate that something more general is wrong on your system (either from the system hardware state (graphics card, hdd/ssd, etc.) or from the SB installation. Unfortunately the logfile only indicates that there is a problem in an area involving the graphics card and resources used by the graphics card (files, GC-memory and system memory)). We currently cannot reproduce the problem here.

Did a previous version of 4.1 PE run on your system?

Could you try to disable all local SB mods (sound + landobjects) by moving them to another location and then try to run a simple scenario.

Could you start a diagnose of your DirectX subsystem by WindowsKey->dxdiag.exe (on Win10) and attach the report or send it to ssnake@eSimGames.com.

Ok, will do.

Thanks

Huh.

For some reason the Dedicated Graphics card has uh, vanished (Not physically though as its hardwired in)

That might be the problem.  Edit: It is (The driver was missing, reinstalled drivers, all worky now)

I'm trouble shooting now, thanks for pointing out where to look

Can mark this one as [RESOLVED]

Thanks

Edited by Hedgehog

4 hours ago, cmeyer said:

Could you start a diagnose of your DirectX subsystem by WindowsKey->dxdiag.exe (on Win10) and attach the report or send it to ssnake@eSimGames.com.

Did this and there was no mention of the GTX - 520MX, and I thought, "Hmmm, that's odd."

Further digging and well, see above.