US Army Armor Training and Leader Development Strategy

Panzer_Leader

I found the U.S. Army's 'Armor 2019-20 Training and Leader Development Strategy' and thought it may be of interest to Steel Beasts Pro PE users: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hms2mbdait33aif/2019-2020 Armor Training and Leader Development Strategy_US Army_Jun19.pdf?dl=0

Chapter 3 in particular focuses on defining the capabilities of armor and scout platoons and companies and their essential warfighting skills (3-2 6.4, p. 21), e.g. "Engage stationary and moving targets from a stationary and moving combat vehicle." and "Engage multiple targets using the auxiliary sight.", which could be used as a template or guideline for structured individual and collective (i.e. Virtual Unit) training in the Steel Beasts environment.

Personally, I'm planning to use the SB Wiki and tutorials, if available, to (re-)master an individual vehicle and then work-up selected 'essential warfighting skills' at vehicle and then section / platoon level.

Once you move past individual vehicle training it segues nicely into publicly available doctrine, such as 'ATP 3-20.15 (FM 3-20.15), Tank Platoon, December 2012': https://www.dropbox.com/s/22d146emr3hn63t/ATP 3-20.15 (FM 3-20.15) Tank Platoon_Dec 12.pdf?dl=0

Using these resources I reckon you could be a proficient virtual tanker with a reasonable investment of time and effort, as Steel Beasts has always been unforgiving of tactical ineptitude (and has become more so since 4.16x, in my opinion).

I'm keen to hear if others think the training strategy document has the same value I do?   

14 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

I'm keen to hear if others think the training strategy document has the same value I do?   

I based the Camp Hornfelt scenarios in large part on task list from the old ARTEP manual, some of which I have kept posted here.

That set of scenarios seems to have been popular since having been posted long ago.

So short answer to your question: Yes.