Help with clean install

Scrapper_511

So, I finally finished my build and it's time to reinstall SB. I've just downloaded v4.162 and patch v4.163, but I've forgotten what to do about the map package and map tools. Is there anything current in the red USB stick that I can still use? Please advise. Thanks in advance and I hope you're all well.

Edited by Scrapper_511

24 minutes ago, Scrapper_511 said:

So, I finally finished my build and it's time to reinstall SB. I've just downloaded v4.162 and patch v4.163, but I've forgotten what to do about the map package and map tools. Is there anything current in the red USB stick that I can still use? Please advise. Thanks in advance and I hope you're all well.

Speaking of USB stick contents, the only thing which can be used is the  maps installer. And, BTW, you need to  install maps first; after this you can proceed with installation of v.4.162 and applying v.4.163 patch... Final touch will be installation of the Map Package Transfer Manager v31, which can be downloaded here: http://dl.steelbeasts.com/MapTransferMgr_V31_Setup.exe

• Members

Exactly. The USB sticks aren't write protected. You can keep the installation files on them up to date, and back up your scenarios to them as well. Aside from that, the general advice on the installation sequence given in the Release Notes is still accurate.

Thanks all. I did review the install instructions in the readme but for whatever reason I couldn't wrap my head around it (quite possibly because all my kids are stuck at home). I'll update the USB stick too (which I've already been using the back-up some maps). Thanks again; I'll give it another run on my next day off. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back into SB in this new build!

I finally took the plunge and bought a one year license...even though our dollar is in the toilet right now with oil prices and it cost me $57 CDN!  Have time now as I'm also home...with teen kids.  I am reading the release notes for 4.163 and 'the SB Pro PE 4.163 full installer' is highlighted on page 3.  I assume this is a misprint as there is no full installer for 4.163 that I can find? 

Edited by aleader

19 minutes ago, aleader said:

I am reading the release notes for 4.163 and 'the SB Pro PE 4.163 full installer' is highlighted on page 3.  I assume this is a misprint as there is no full installer for 4.163 that I can find? 

Yes, v.4.163 is available only as patch installer at present time. So you need to install  v.4.162, which is available as a full installer, and then apply patch; in all other aspects description of installation  process outlined in release notes is valid.

• Members

Eventually we'll make the 4.163 full installer available for download but for the vast majority the patch is all you need. I suppose Sean wants to wait with the 4.162 replacement until we're sufficiently confident that we don't need it any longer.