Tank , now there were none.

12Alfa

Well, if you require your force to deploy quickly, dropping a 70+ tank that get there by ship is a move in the right direction. I think a "watch and shoot" sop is best, lets see how this proceeds down the road., And the "road", has turns, and bumps on  it .:)

Deploying quickly is a specialty of the Marines, I agree with that.  But they can also dig in and stick around for a long time, requiring more organic resources.  Cross-branch coordination continues to be a difficult concept in practice for our armed forces, and the Marines, just like everyone else, need their own.  However, all we can do is wait and see.  

Yes. I thought the USMC deployed to establish a bridgehead, for follow on forces (army), or similar tactics. This has been their history, except for a few times when the army was a bit tied down fighting, and unable to take over.  But yes, wait and see. 

yea its a shame they still can't  have the budget maintain those  3 tank battalions. That was not a large sum  to begin with , but just enough to give the corps greater flexibility and their own independent Main battle tank support. The marines had tankers since pacific theater of ww2.

Edited by Kev2go