KANIUM Sunday 5th of April - "Operation The Last of the Spartans" by Nike-Ajax

Nike-Ajax

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as we are now in the happy circumstances of being full, then everyone please remember the following:

1) Radio Dicipline: brief and precise because there will be lots of traffic even then: this goes inside the PLTs as well. PLT LDRs, PLT SGTs and Command Group only on command net.

2) Contact Reports: This is a general challenge: but even more this time because we have a full command group including an FO. The CO will communicate his wishes, but for everyones sake, including your own PLT, then tell what you see, and what you are doing as a minimum. Even better: Put down a reference point so the Command Group and not least the FO has a chance to coordinate everything including FIRES.

3) Have FUN !

😊

Allrighty then we now have one Master Gunner for hire ... and he is a sniper so any TNK getting him is lucky:

Who wants the honor of having @Fre4k as their Gunner?

And also, then we are now almost at full capacity for our TS server, but we still have 5 more seats. So do not be shy with what is the biggest session for us so far this year.

Edited by Nike-Ajax

1 hour ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Allrighty then we now have one Master Gunner for hire ... and he is a sniper so any TNK getting him is lucky:

And also, then we are now almost at full capacity for our TS server, but we still have 5 more seats. So do not be shy with what is the biggest session for us so far this year.

Willing to...but I guess he's better of on one of the tanks 🙂

Manning looks great! Really looking forward to the game...

PS.: you received the mission file I send you on discord?

3 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

I’ll take him in

3 hours ago, Grenny said:

Willing to...but I guess he's better of on one of the tanks 🙂

Manning looks great! Really looking forward to the game...

PS.: you received the mission file I send you on discord?

Assassin got the pleasure

And yes thank you

Also ... as posted elsewhere:

Allright Gents ....

After an idea from @Apocalypse 31, then let me offer you a little challenge: As I seem to be doing OPFOR most of the time - which I dont mind, I am happy if you guys are happy, then I need a cool and badass logo for OPFOR.

Use your imagination. Best suggestion will be rewarded with honor and whatever gifts I can bestow upon ya

1 hour ago, MAC84 said:

Nike

It looks like all positions are full so I will catch you next time

Wait a second @MAC84 - we actually have a player, namely @Snoggy who indicated that he wanted to be a gunner:

SO ... You can take A42 and Snoggy can be your gunner?

I just need your GO to execute that?

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Allrighty then:

I am trying to tie up all the loose ends in what has happily grown to a mammoth session.

SO ... in line with that, then we have had a request from an old player whom we sadly havent seen for years, namely @Abaddon: then man who put S in SISU... 😁

Now: we respect all players and will NEVER ever force anyone away from the callsign they have asked for. But if I ask nicely, would you then @RedWardancer please consider and with respect, switching to TC for @Snoggy who have asked for a TC?

And @MAC84 that does not mean we do not want you: we can still make room for you as TC somewhere, but I need to sort these things out post haste to make everything work.

Just now, RedWardancer said:

If I understand this, you want me to change to a different unit?  

Only if that is ok and good with you !

So in this case - and only if it meets with your approval - to TC A42 with Snoggy as your gunner

15 minutes ago, RedWardancer said:

What map is this being played on?  Am I allowed to study our area or is that cheating?  I mean, we ARE in defense right?  ;)

Well ... I gave you three mapdrops above 😋

Ask your CO @Apocalypse 31 or XO @Abaddon for more data and/or plan

See how I avoided any responsibility right there ... 😂 Skips on while singing The hiiiiills are alive with the sound of Enemies ...

And you are BOTH in the defence and offence

But this is the map:

mapp.png.0054738cceac2bc4eefc92f978184552.png

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Just now, RedWardancer said:

Well gee wiz!  I was hoping to hop into the terrain map to "scout" our starting Alpha positions by creating a test scenario with my IFV before the game starts.  ;)  Call it, training.  heheh.  

Just create a new scenario pick the matching map and do your in-depth map recce?

Hi there message from Nike

As a lot of vehicles will be Double manning aka 2 people in the turret and we will get a lot of losses everybody need to have set up so they can listen and talk on their platoon channels
So when people die and some will you grab a seat as a gunner in another tank first in your own PLT.

So every vehicle has its own channel 

The PLT leaders and PSG (Platoon SG) need to be able to Broadcast on both Command and their own Platoon net.

If you guys cant remember here is a guide

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14oDdWYFaKK3JR4gnWb8wy5OfsUwPCZsNwfvOVq5QP-g/edit?usp=sharing

The push to talk button needs to be different from the command push to talk button  , the leaders need 2 besides the normal push to talk button
If you use the normal SB setup the "Alt", "Shift", "V", "K", "L" can work besides the buttons on your joystick

Best regards

MD 

Edited by Major duck

Alrighty then, with the risk of repeating myself at least in part and to ensure a good experience for all:

1) Radio Dicipline: brief and precise because there will be lots of traffic even then: this goes inside the PLTs as well. PLT LDRs, PLT SGTs and Command Group only on command net.

2) Contact Reports: This is a general challenge: but even more this time because we have a full command group including an FO. The CO will communicate his wishes, but for everyones sake, including your own PLT, then tell what you see, and what you are doing as a minimum. Even better: Put down a reference point so the Command Group and not least the FO has a chance to coordinate everything including FIRES.

3) Have FUN ! 😊

IMPORTANT TECHNICAL DETAIL:

We are trying to optimize everything in advance to give you all a seamless and fun session.

But to help us doing that, then please observe the following:

If you have a slower internet connection or computer, then please shut down all non-essential applications before gamestart to ensure we have the best cooperative technical platform.